Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LAST DAY: ONE-TIME SPECIAL ORDER: Bespoke German-made K98k rifles ~Available in .308

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    why would I pay more for a new production than a historical production gun? like I want a K98 I can go hunting with, bang up, and not feel like I'm destroying history. If I banged this up I'd feel like I was destroying my wallet
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

As per the forum rules:

...The business forums are the private forums of the paid business members. When you enter into their forums, you should see yourself as entering into their virtual store fronts. Therefore, it is a reasonable to behave in the same manner and observe the same etiquette as if you are meeting the store staff and owners in person. If you are rude or attempt to disrupt their business in their own forums or storefronts, they have the right to remove your postings and presence, and ask you not to post in their forums(or enter their storefronts) again. If you don’t cease and desist after you have been asked to stop by the store owner, that will be consider as harassment. If you do not agree with their prices, move along. The business forum is NOT the place you will use the prices of other businesses to attempt to obtain price match, or to advertise prices and availability of businesses other than the owner of that particular business forum.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    I always knew I was getting a deal on my surplus firearms which to me always seemed to be of better quality that most new guns on the shelf today. A new rifle in K98 set-up which I personally love (favorite rifle) with the cup plate set up my preference, would be outstanding.

Sadly this is not a rifle I can afford right now, why only a one time production? will the producer in Germany never make these again? or if they continue to make more could more be ordered potentially in a year or two's time?

Very nice indeed...Well done on getting these into Canada.
    Non-Refundable deposit (Transferable though) + delivery date estimated 6 months or more...makes for a hard sell IMHO.
    Nice to have, but I will be divorced...

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    An excellent question--would be nice if people can individually order whenever as finances allow.
    AND deposits need to be refundable IF the supplier can't deliver....
    They are a preproduction deposit, that gets forwarded to the manufacturer to build the rifle according to your specifications. When they finish building it, the factory isnt going to refund the production deposit if you decide you dont want it anymore. If for whatever reason the manufacturer can't deliver then the deposit would be refunded automatically

We recognize that these rifles wouldn't be huge sellers which is why it is a one time deal. In order for them to be viable they have to be ordered at the same time, frieght/importing costs for a single rifle would make these unfeasable
    Last edited by Tactical Imports; 07-31-2017 at 01:01 AM.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    They are a preproduction deposit, that gets forwarded to the manufacturer to built the rifle according to your specifications. When they finish building it, the factory isnt going to refund the production deposit if you decide you dont want it anymore. If for whatever reason the manufacturer can't deliver then the deposit would be refunded automatically

We recognize that these rifles wouldn't be huge sellers which is why it is a one time deal. In order for them to be viable they have to be ordered at the same time, frieght/importing costs for a single rifle would make these unfeasable
    Okay--Thank you so much for clearing that up--it's perfectly reasonable to protect yourself from those who change their minds once the rifles get made.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    This makes the .308 conversion of K31 a viable alternative.

Have to admit these K98K's look super cool!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundoggy View Post
    This makes the .308 conversion of K31 a viable alternative.

Have to admit these K98K's look super cool!!!!
    The laminated stock and polished bluing is spectacular!! (but u pay extra for it)

Quote Originally Posted by tjhaile View Post
    I get why it costs what it does. Any vintage military bolt action rifle would be very costly to build today to even a "rack grade" standard, let alone one with the accuracy guarantee.

What I don't get is that the two calibre options that anybody would actually want are extra cost options. A K98 in 8x33 Kurz just doesn't make any sense to me.

The non-refundable deposit doesn't seem reasonable to me, either, when we have no idea when they will actually arrive. If I wanted one, I would wait until they are in country.
    There trials rifles made in this caliber to see if it would work, then convert the entire German Army to one caliber, never made it past the trials stage. The OKW realized it would be cheaper to have 2 separate calibers, then to convert to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Faaaaaack...
    Why so expensive!?
    Would be all over this if it was not so crazy expensive
    The value of $2300 is subjective, just like the value of these rifles. Like you, I want one, and like you, I have to value $2300 more than one of these rifles.

Still, nice to see a venture like this for those who can afford it. The more such ideas succeed, the more chance there will be something of this sort on offer when I happen to be in a position to take advantage.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast