Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head stamp sorted 9mm brass

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar

Head stamp sorted 9mm brass

We are looking at adding a piece of equipment that will allow us to sort the 9mm brass by headstamp. We have a couple of questions.

1) Would you be willing to pay a penny more for your 9mm brass if it was all the same headstamp brand?

2) Would you be willing to pay two extra pennies for your 9mm brass if it was the specific headstamp brand that you prefer?

CGN Regular
    Speaking as a range plinking guy only, I like the ammo that goes bang 99.99% of the time and cost the least. so probably not for me.
    Hope you guys find a market to make it worth your while tho.

I think those guys who shoot 9mm major would love that. The average production shooter.... meh

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Specifically we're wondering about brass for reloaders.

Yes, for those IPSC shooters who load and shoot 9mm major in their open guns. They would probably be on board for the common headstamp brass.
    The guys who load their own 9mm minor for production probably would not really care.

nah, for those guys that shoot ipsc and such, they usually use their own brass that they bought brand new and tailored for their pistol. you might see the odd person that wants all the same head stamp etc etc. but for the majority of shooters, it really doesnt make any difference. rifle..different story, but hand gun, naaah, cheapest stuff a guy can find.

Pay for 9mm brass? I use whatever the ground provides, lol.

HELL YES!
    What I loved about .38 super was if it didn't crack...keep shooting it, didn't matter as long as the rim was ok, maybe +/- 20fps on a major load, no matter what the case.
    9mm....####ty off the range brass not sorted, your looking at 30-50fps IMHO.
    For the plinker, doesn't matter. For the IPSC COMPETITOR! If you can come up with a price point that beats sorting ####ty range brass you might have something.
    Unsorted Rolled sized 9mm can be had for $30/1k so thats you starting point,

I would pay to play. But I don't understand the difference in the two prices quoted, one cent for sorted by headstamp brass and two cents for buyers choice?
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

I too say no to both questions... thx for asking for our opinions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast