Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P.A.L Course in Tagalog!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    No proto indo european.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Sounds like a great idea, as long as you have unilingual Tagalog speakers shoot only when there is Tagalog speaking RO on duty and all range signs are in Tagalog as well.

Safety first!

CGN Regular
    getting firearms into people's hands regardless of who they are is far more important than coming to this country and doing the basics like learning one of the official languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    getting firearms into people's hands regardless of who they are is far more important than coming to this country and doing the basics like learning one of the official languages.
    Yeahhhhh. I've been to the Philippines and they are amazing people, but this doesn't seem like a good idea haha.
    CCFR, CSSA member!

Really guys - they are business and are providing a service to people who don't have English as a first language. I work with many Phillipinos here in Calgary - some of them speak conversational English fairly well but struggle with written English (was a problem for a few of the apprentices I've worked with).

If you have a problem with the PAL course being taught in Tagalog, complain to the RCMP who I am assuming allow the course material to be taught that way, not the business providing the service. Seriously, phone the rcmp and tell them those other people need to learn English or go away and see where that gets you. Some of the responses here are just not right.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    To be clear:

The instruction is done in Tagalog but the testing is done in either English or French.

It is our strongest desire to get as many responsible people with firearms licenses as possible. Language skills does not necessarily equate into "safety".

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Such a great idea, I wish they offered this in Ottawa. It might be the only way my wife will ever go.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    Tagalog speaking RO on duty and all range signs are in Tagalog as well.
    Maybe some people just want to go hunting or plinking with non restricted, ya know?

Regardless, I think this is an awesome idea. More PAL holders means more influence for the community.

Sounds great. I hope other teaching centres located in major urban centres accross the country follow your lead.
    Memberships: CSSA & OFAH

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Best Government I know of is the .45-70 Government!"

Ayos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast