Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very slow service, avoid dealing with Gravel if you can help it

A shame to hear. They did a repair on my Rem 597 in under 10 days. I hope it gets resolved soon.

it doesnt cost them money so why would anyone rush to get it done. Its the same with anything else under warranty.

"das boot!!!"

WTS disclaimer-- unless stated as "included" in my ad please dont assume an item is. thank you.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Gravel VP just called me, i guess the CGN post mabye got their attention lol. He was very apologetic and said hopefully 3 weeks for the part, explained why my model shotgun was hard to get parts for & offered me some compensation. He gave me the impression that they are trying to resolve it asap so in the meantime will mark this thread for removal.
    I doubt that was the reason, however, you stated don't deal with Gravel. Do you honestly think they hold onto your gun because they are a bunch of lazy goofs ? If they had the part, they would replace it and get it out of their inventory. If they don't have the part, they can't just pull it out of their ass. They have to go through normal channels and wait. Jeeeeze. You are being unreasonable and unfair to Gravel.

@mustangfrank funny then how i got the 1st call in 16 weeks about an hour after i made the thread... but youre right its probably unrelated. And I realize they have to wait for parts, they even said today its an abnormally long wait time, so i dont think me losing patience is unreasonable

Most of the time these forums seem to hang people for complaining about anything. Communication and honesty is essential to any business. 16 weeks is unacceptable by any standard without any solid information. Glad they contacted you to make it right. Simple call with honest feedback would have gone a long way to squash this guy's concerns. I assume these businesses here want to do better always. And feedback both constructive and positive are good for business.

I only delt with them once. Sent in my sons crossman bb/pellet gun. Had a new one shipped out within a couple weeks. I was ready for a battle after reading a lot negative comments about them on here but it quick and courteous.

CGN Regular
    I had above average customer service from Gravel. Appears as though that's the consensus here as well. However, I do know a few people that consistently get bad service everywhere they go; the other thing they have in common is they usually begin a request for service in attack mode. Provoking the people you want to help you wont speed up the process. Especially with French people. Its a cultural thing. If you dont believe me, go to Paris and insult your waiter.
    Now, Im not saying that you began or have been ignorant to the service folks at Gravel; but your complaint of 'haven't replied in 3 days' makes me wonder. Being patient is the fastest route. And, 16 weeks? not that long, really. I asked about a replacement stock for an xbolt from browning, I was told likely a year, possibly longer. Its just the reality in Canada with ITAR etc...

Prompt service

Quote Originally Posted by the_blacksmith View Post
    I had above average customer service from Gravel. Appears as though that's the consensus here as well. However, I do know a few people that consistently get bad service everywhere they go; the other thing they have in common is they usually begin a request for service in attack mode. Provoking the people you want to help you wont speed up the process. Especially with French people. Its a cultural thing. If you dont believe me, go to Paris and insult your waiter.
    Now, Im not saying that you began or have been ignorant to the service folks at Gravel; but your complaint of 'haven't replied in 3 days' makes me wonder. Being patient is the fastest route. And, 16 weeks? not that long, really. I asked about a replacement stock for an xbolt from browning, I was told likely a year, possibly longer. Its just the reality in Canada with ITAR etc...
    I sent 2 Remington rifles at 2 different times in the last year for trigger and safety recalls. Both of them were fixed and returned in less than a week. Communication by e-mail was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Gravel VP just called me, i guess the CGN post mabye got their attention lol. He was very apologetic and said hopefully 3 weeks for the part, explained why my model shotgun was hard to get parts for & offered me some compensation. He gave me the impression that they are trying to resolve it asap so in the meantime will mark this thread for removal.
    I don't think the thread should be removed. I think you should edit your original post to add your comments quoted above and further reports of the resolution. That will give people a fair account of what was originally wrong and how it was put right. That is the sort of thing that is useful to other potential customers of a business.

I have only dealt with Gravel once - not a repair or warranty claim. They were as helpful as I would ever hope and gave me the technical advice I needed and sold me an extra part I wanted, shipped quickly.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

CGN frequent flyer
    They are way better to deal with that most if not all the sponsors here.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast