Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very slow service, avoid dealing with Gravel if you can help it

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Feedback score 0

And it will stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grock-co View Post
    You get what you pay, warranty is a free service, therefore no service, now through in a small shop limited labour and this free service is non-existent. Sometimes it is way less hassle to just buy another one and sell the defective one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Hey guys,

Some of you might know me

I'm here at Gravel now as an Internal Sales Rep. and after running my company for 13yrs it's amazing to be at another company where there is even a higher standard of dedication to their clients ( both dealers and end users). You can take my words with a grain of salt since I work here now, but the guys downstairs in the Armoury and the CSR's looking after the phone calls really want to make everything right for anyone who has a problem. If they could do it faster, they would.

Being able to work with a supplier for 10yrs or so, and then coming to work for them has been eye opening and amazing to say the least.

Just a a quick insiders view of the industry
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It's a sad day when "It got fixed in a month" is the best you hope for, while horror stories on gun warranty ends up with "after multiple years at ###, I gave up and ..."

The sad part is that when the delay is due to a missing part, it means your local gunsmith can't get that part either, as they buy them from the service center most of the time.

For some parts you can order them from brownells. If the part is a screw or a washer, usually fastenal will have them, they have everything as far as screw goes. Usually at ridiculous prices. I got a screw for my browning buckmark that brownells was asking 3$ for (I was ready to pay for it, and the extra 12$ shipping) for 10¢ at fastenal.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The sad part is that when the delay is due to a missing part, it means your local gunsmith can't get that part either, as they buy them from the service center most of the time.

For some parts you can order them from brownells. If the part is a screw or a washer, usually fastenal will have them, they have everything as far as screw goes. Usually at ridiculous prices. I got a screw for my browning buckmark that brownells was asking 3$ for (I was ready to pay for it, and the extra 12$ shipping) for 10¢ at fastenal.
    Yep, this is the route I'd try 1st if it happened again.
    Fortunately, all of my guns seem to be working these days!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Patience, young padawan.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Para View Post
    I had a pretty good experience with them. I bought a new-ish Marlin 1895 SBL from a guy, then later discovered the front site was slightly canted to the left. The email back and forth with Gravel was great (they always responded within a day or so). They agreed to warranty work even though I had no receipt. Sent in the gun and about 6 weeks later they sent me a brand new gun.
    I sent my SBL in for work as well. The XS rail was improperly installed and they damaged the dovetail on the barrel. They fixed the issue in about a month. It took another two weeks for the foreend cap that was damaged during assembly (purely cosmetic) but they fixed it for me anyways. I had it back to me in 6 weeks as well. Was pretty impressed as I was prepared for 6 months.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    OP: you still waiting?

The first one of mine that broke in early April and took 6 weeks to get authorization to go to warranty (shipped end of May) is still there... and I'm now on a second gun needing a repair and just decided to get them to send me the part instead of bothering to send the whole gun: 12 weeks for the part, is the guess.

Those damn tiny springs are the problem for me, not like I don't 'baby' my stuff enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    If they could do it faster, they would.
    Yup, and that is the issue: they can't. Canada sometimes just gets ***ked over on getting parts on some things.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I bought a used Storm Lake Glock 22 9mm conversion barrel that unknown to me had a cracked lug, I contacted Gravel and submitted photos along with a warranty request and they were able to get me a replacement even thought I had no proof of purchase. It took a couple of months but that was not their issue. The CSR's were friendly and helpful.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    im about to send in a set of A.R.M.S BUS

I will report how long this takes..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    I had no trouble with Gravel. The Remington went there and back in less than 2 weeks. Perfect Service.
    Me too.
    #torontoexit

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast