Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew About Body Armor

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    1) Not all armor is "stand-alone"! Some plates are ICW meaning "In Conjunction with". In short they need additional armor panels to do the job the are supposed to.
    We ONLY sell stand alone to ensure you are always protected.

2) Is armor legal in Canada? Yes, you can legally own armor. Some provinces require you to have a firearms license, and others don't. Either way if you're a firearm owner, you're good to go!

3) True fact! All of our Armor is made in the USA, using only the best materials and backed by a 5 year warranty.

4) Not all ceramic armor is good to buy, as if you drop it, it can break internally!
    Our plates are all ceramic composite ensuring they are extremely strong and durable.
    Our plates can be dropped, however we always tell our clients... "this is literally the last thing between you and a bullet. Treat your armor with the best care you can, and it will take care of you."

5) Weight Matters! Don't even bother looking at junky steel plates that are heavy and uncomfortable. Our armor will save you a ton. ensuring you can run faster, jump higher and finish your mission.

6) Armor has many uses! Here are just a few.
    Keep the ASRAK in your vehicle for emergencies, Wear your ASRAK while you're at the shooting range for added protection against ricochets or the guy in the bay beside you, Hike or Run using your ASRAK as training weight

7) ASRAK stands for Active Shooter Response Armor Kit. Just like it sounds, our effective armor is ready for what ever you put it through.

8) What does Level 4 mean?
    Armor is rated based on stopping power. Lever 4 is the highest level of protection available in the world. Stopping everything up to .30-06 Springfield M2 armor piercing (AP) bullets.

If something ever happened, you want that added protection! Lower levels of body armor will turn into Swiss cheese!

Did we mention we have incredible prices on full packages of USA made?

Checkout our ASRAK kit today! Get yours before the prices go up again.

Attachment 111745
    Can take how many 30 06 shots ? I've seen spartan armour only take one 556 then the second went through ! Not worth it to me unless it can take multiple shots of 556 and 30 06

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    Can take how many 30 06 shots ? I've seen spartan armour only take one 556 then the second went through ! Not worth it to me unless it can take multiple shots of 556 and 30 06
    Bump

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondhaynes View Post
    Bump
    Our plates are all multi-hit rated.
    5.56 is easy to stop. 30-06 AP is a lot harder! And our plates will stop multiple rounds.

I can't give you an exact number, as it depends on shot placement.
    Key holed shots are going to hurt the armor a lot more than a random pattern.

Remember that armor is a strong layer of protection, not an invincible wall.

We always recommend not getting shot to begin with.
    However.. if you did, and it hit our plates...

Rest assured, rounds will be stopped!

Will you be having a black friday sale on the armour?
    Money in hand.......

CGN Regular
    Same

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    Are you planning to rob a bank?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    The 2 plates and carrier together weigh 16lbs. I got this exact setup from Lockhart 2 years ago when it was cheaper (whew!)

I have used it for jogging and hiking. The carrier is not too bulky and I can throw a jacket over, partially zipped. People are generally oblivious and likely won’t know what body armor is anyways. There were 3 of us all wearing armor doing a power walk on a busy trail and no one noticed.

I tried to find out the brand of the carrier but all I could find was a Made in China tag. I want to say Condor but really not sure. It does work well when fitted. I used the kit on the range, in matches and on courses. It’s a good set up. And the 16lbs isn’t that bad!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    If I go running with my armor and get the cops called on me and they show up can they legally take my armor armor?

I live in Alberta if that matters.
    Depends on how fast you run.

Delete
    Last edited by m_kowalski25; 12-10-2019 at 02:12 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hi Lockhart,
    Do you (or are there any plans to) have a shooters cut and rectangular armour in 11"x14"? Or even 11" x 17"? I've never been happy of the exposure of the lower torso/back (esp of tall people) in existing 10 x 12 based plate systems.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast