Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew About Body Armor

I was wondering the same. I have a plate carrier from Tactical Tailor that will fit up to 16"x22" in the front and 17"x21" LVL IIIA soft armor. I inquired with another vendor on the site previously and they never bothered to reply. Please PM me if there is a possibility of custom sized soft armor.

Allows you to run, jump and finish your mission? .... civilians should be wearing these at the range. Not out for a "mission." Stop trying to make it sound cool and be realistic about what it is. Protection at the range.

Also, as per the body armour control act in Alberta:

"Yes. Any person or any occupation with a legitimate need for body armour is exempt from the Act. The following persons are exempt while performing duties within the scope of their employment:"

Then it goes on to say people with firearms licences.

So yeah, if you're running around with it at night outside of the range and get caught, you're gonna have to answer some serious questions. Because there's absolutely no reason to be wearing it outside of the range.

Quote Originally Posted by USPfan View Post
    So yeah, if you're running around with it at night outside of the range and get caught, you're gonna have to answer some serious questions. Because there's absolutely no reason to be wearing it outside of the range.
    Such an arrogant, closed minded comment!
    You need to get out more often.
    Family comes first!

BANNED
    Allows you to run, jump and finish your mission? .... civilians should be wearing these at the range. Not out for a "mission." Stop trying to make it sound cool and be realistic about what it is. Protection at the range.

"Yes. Any person or any occupation with a legitimate need for body armour is exempt from the Act. The following persons are exempt while performing duties within the scope of their employment:"

I see nothing illegal (in bc) about wearing it to the mall...
    I think you need to relax just a bit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar

I am sure Lockhart Tactical sell to more than just "Civilians". I would assume they sell to law enforcement and military primarily and civilians as an aside. Really need to loosen yer panties up out of the butt crack a bit there. And maybe the mission is weight training or simply going to the range?
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Hahaha some people on here, makes me laugh.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Glock View Post
    I was wondering the same. I have a plate carrier from Tactical Tailor that will fit up to 16"x22" in the front and 17"x21" LVL IIIA soft armor. I inquired with another vendor on the site previously and they never bothered to reply. Please PM me if there is a possibility of custom sized soft armor.
    If you have a carrier with extra room, you can always put two 10 x 12 plates in (horizontally). Ending up with 20" L x 12" w coverage .That's what I did, but having the seam between the plates always unsettled me (not that I was in any real danger).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345