Page 162 of 616 FirstFirst ... 142152154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170172182 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 6153

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62X39 SERVICE RIFLE** ~Now on the way~ -Last chance!

Ok so I missed the M10x pre-order, not that I was really looking for a 7.62 semi anyways,.... anyone willing to sum up in 5-6 sentences why I should get a type 81? I'm hmming and hawwwing over the last two weeks looking at this thread, and a thousand bucks, no biggie... but heres the thing. To a guy like me it just looks like and SKS with a pistol grip.

Anyone want to take the challenge here?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBats View Post
    Ok so I missed the M10x pre-order, not that I was really looking for a 7.62 semi anyways,.... anyone willing to sum up in 5-6 sentences why I should get a type 81? I'm hmming and hawwwing over the last two weeks looking at this thread, and a thousand bucks, no biggie... but heres the thing. To a guy like me it just looks like and SKS with a pistol grip.

It's as close to a traditional AK as we are going to get.

Non-restricted, military grade semi in 7.62
    Proud Veteran. Black Rifle Enthusiast (former).

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Non-restricted, military grade semi in 7.62 = SKS

Am I missing something, here?
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Non-restricted, military grade semi in 7.62 = SKS

Am I missing something, here?
    Yes. Sights, ergos, adjustable gas system, pistol grip, folding stock, detachable inexpensive mags, 40years newer design.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    So, if what is said was correct, extras were made with this order, beyond the 1000. So the "cost to produce" as a justification for a price increase would be bunk, or the statement on what was produced. Any extra pricing, would be evident as pocket money (a bit for storage, would seem fair enough). But if they actually made extras beyond the 1000, why would they store, instead of sell?

And production runs, if what was said was true, only happen every few (3ish?) years. So really, who knows about production costs and shipping, then. That will be what it will be.

So either there are some beyond the 1000 that exist, and really have almost no justification to see increased retail pricing, OR, there won't be any more for years to come. If some show up in a year and a half, well, read your own conclusions from that.
    Lol. They can just come out and say "we're raising the price because we can and we will harvest these profits. Period".

They are a business and can charge whatever they want to.
    Last edited by Claven2; 10-13-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Ok, its an SKS. But it dosnt need to get pimped to look good and will likely keeps its value more than your pimped SKS on EE. A few hundred bucks overpriced imo but eh...Its Canada...gotta have that non-res tax!

Weighs a pound less, takes detachable mags, manufactured this year as opposed to 60 years ago, likely more accurate, decades newer design.

But if you're not looking for a 7.62 semi, what are you doing looking at a t81?

anyone willing to sum up in 5-6 sentences why I should get a type 81?
    Maybe just leave them for people who actually want one.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Lol. They can just come out and say "we're raising the price because we can add will accrue this profits. Period".

They are a business and can charge whatever they want to.
    Of course they can.

I want to see that, actually.

People here get twisted when a manufacturer states they will charge more, because they can. Basically, that is a boiled down version of statements about another current rifle.

Will people get just as twisted if/when a Canadian company does the same?

What would be the difference? Hopefully they will charge $1500 for the next ones. I'm still not buying.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Why so much Harping on the Sks!?! I would like to see anyone spend $220 on a semi auto that even comes close to the reliability and craftsmanship... please don't reply to this rant, I will be pissed if I found out I could have bought something better and cheaper in semi for that price

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Of course they can.

I want to see that, actually.

People here get twisted when a manufacturer states they will charge more, because they can. Basically, that is a boiled down version of statements about another current rifle.

Will people get just as twisted if/when a Canadian company does the same?

What would be the difference? Hopefully they will charge $1500 for the next ones. I'm still not buying.
    Aren't you one of those people getting twisted I've seen on the m10x price tho!?!?!!

Even tho NO ONE knows what that ACTUAL price will be yet???

Pure speculation and crying for nothing. People aren't happy with the price, go spend 3000k + for a new xcr then
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!