Page 166 of 616 FirstFirst ... 146156158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174176186 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 6153

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62X39 SERVICE RIFLE** ~Now on the way~ -Last chance!

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    Omg I just found this gem on google...

Must feed trolls.

[...]

Well, when your really think about it, there's a lot of SKS in all of these firearms... so they are in fact improved versions of the SKS, which itself was inspired by previous rifles like the Kar 43. Each of these rifles evolved from something that preceded it.

I often wondered which rifle I'd prefer as a camp/bush or wildlife defense gun if AKs were legal in our dumbass Liberal utopia, as they should be... and my vote would still go to the SKS. It's cheap, tough as nails, works every time and it has a low profile integral mag that doesn't get in the way. With our retarded 5 round limit, a detachable 5/30 round mag has no practical purpose anyway for utilitarian reasons and would only be a hindrance to carry around.

The SKS is king of affordable/durable semi-autos and does what it was designed for extremely well. In fact, a better design could not exist to fill that specific niche. There are few SA firearms out there on which you can trust your life no matter the conditions (desert, jungle, rain, mud, freezing cold); the SKS is one of those rare firearms. Whoever laughs at these iconic rifles is an idiot with insufficient mechanical and historical knowledge, not to mention range time.
    Last edited by 762mm; 10-13-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBats View Post
    Sounds like if I miss this opportunity to pick one up new, there might not be another chance for a couple of years if I followed all this correctly. Although i suspect a few are going straight to the gun shows for a nice markup lol. What the heck, I'll grab one. It might be worth something one day or at least hold its resale value as some say. Sure would have preferred the folding stock, but I'm sure that can be taken care of down the road somehow. Thanks to those who had constructive things to say to help make my decision.
    you can’t put the folding stock on the fixed stock version as they have different receivers unfortunately

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Looks Good! I've got the same chest rig and my bayo is en route. Debating on type 81 canvas rifle bag or not
    I grabbed a AK type 1980s Soviet drop bag ment for folders. It uses the rifles sling as a carry handle. Measurements on 81 should Just fit, hopefully lol

Ok. So I'm going to derail the thread here for a moment. I don't due stuff like this often so take that for what it is. But Canadian Tire corporate has issued a Stop Sale notice to all its stores as of tomorrow at open to stop selling ALL SKS rifles and SKS accessories! Just the SKY is effected! Anyone else notice this?
    Pro Patria

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Ok. So I'm going to derail the thread here for a moment. I don't due stuff like this often so take that for what it is. But Canadian Tire corporate has issued a Stop Sale notice to all its stores as of tomorrow at open to stop selling ALL SKS rifles and SKS accessories! Just the SKY is effected! Anyone else notice this?
    If they will stop selling accessories too, it sounds like it's more of a managerial decision than for legal reasons (accessories are not regulated). Head office probably pooped their spineless panties after Vegas happened and they don't want any bad press down the road, should something happen in Canada with a gun or a stock they've sold.

The politically-correct chickens are running around in panic, nothing new.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    If they will stop selling accessories too, it sounds like it's more of a managerial decision than for legal reasons (accessories are not regulated). Head office probably pooped their spineless panties after Vegas happened and they don't want any bad press down the road, should something happen in Canada with a gun or a stock they've sold.

The politically-correct chickens are running around in panic, nothing new.
    But then why just the SKS. The Georgetown store stocked M305s as well and did once in a while had SVTs in stock too.
    Pro Patria

CGN Regular
    The people comparing this to an sks are idiots. So i shouldnt buy an ar15 because a ruger mini 14 in 223 is the same thing

BANNED
    Well Canadian Tire is stopping all sales of SKS' and SKS accessories as of tomorrow, nation wide...

Company big wigs usually bump shoulders with government officials and share some insider info so I am wondering if this is a hint at whats coming?

Hopefully you guys get these before something happens!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    Well Canadian Tire is stopping all sales of SKS' and SKS accessories as of tomorrow, nation wide...

Company big wigs usually bump shoulders with government officials and share some insider info so I am wondering if this is a hint at whats coming?

Hopefully you guys get these before something happens!!!
    Wow that's a leap.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Ya let's talk about this in a dealer forum. Good idea.

Also against forum rules.

Take the tinfoil elsewhere, like the thread you already started in the proper business forum. No need for it here. This thread is tough enough to handle on its own.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY