Page 180 of 616 FirstFirst ... 160170172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188190200 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 6153

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62X39 SERVICE RIFLE** ~Now on the way~ -Last chance!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Well my bayonet arrived today, so I caved and picked up one of these canvas rifle covers.
    How long did yours take if you don’t mind me asking ? I ordered one on the sep 24th and it hasn’t arrived, he gave me tracking when it shipped that never worked. It’s akwats said item not found, I contacted last week he said it might be lost so he will reissue it. Today I asked if there was tracking and he gave that same non working tracking number, when I mentioned that it was the same one he tried telling me all Canadian packages and since it’s a reissue it will be the same number lol but it still doesn’t work, he changed the expected delivery date to nov 6 today from oct 20th. Maybe he’s stalling to expire the 30 day MBG ? It won’t let me put in a claim because the delivery date hasn’t passed ? But you only get 30 days so what do I do ? I don’t mind waiting but him being shady af with that tracking bs has me worried

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Not really, this is a reference made but tons of people I’ve seen over the months. Just never said anything, it seems to be the fact it fires x39 so it’s a sks clone lol. Albeit most are trolls who can’t one.. afford it it or two wanted a folder. I just don’t get what links it in people’s heads to an sks, the bolt design? I see way more AK then sks
    Ok... maybe you should re-read the history behind this rifle then. It is ABSOLUTELY related to the SKS because its' creators wanted a rifle that retains the most desirable traits of the SKS and AK in one single rifle. They came up with the Type 81.

Saying that "people call it an SKS only because of the x39 cartridge" is asinine. The first people who would tell you it retains a lot of SKS / Type 63 roots would be the Chinese engineers who created the Type 81. And you know what? That's excellent. The SKS is as solid as they come, so if the T81 retains that level of reliability, we're in for a treat.

Enough with the "No, it's not anything like the SKS" already... more reading history, less speculating please!

The Type 81 incorporates elements of the Dragunov, SKS, and AK-47 series rifles.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_81_assault_rifle
    Last edited by 762mm; 10-18-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

How long did yours take if you don’t mind me asking ? I ordered one on the sep 24th and it hasn’t arrived, he gave me tracking when it shipped that never worked. It’s akwats said item not found, I contacted last week he said it might be lost so he will reissue it. Today I asked if there was tracking and he gave that same non working tracking number, when I mentioned that it was the same one he tried telling all Canadian packages and since it’s a reissue it will be the same lol but it still doesn’t work, he changed the expected delivery date to nov 6 today from oct 20th. Maybe he’s stalling to expire the 30 day MBG ? It won’t let me put a claim in cause the delivery date hasn’t passed ? But you only get 30 days so what do I do ? I don’t mind waiting him being shady af with that tracking bs has me worried tho
    Was your seller viterknife ??? I paid for mine sept 29th

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    Ok... maybe you should re-read the history behind this rifle then. It is ABSOLUTELY related to the SKS because its' creators wanted a rifle that retains the most desirable traits of the SKS and AK in one single rifle. They came up with the Type 81.

Saying that "people call it an SKS only because of the x39 cartridge" is asinine. The first people who would tell you it retains a lot of SKS roots would be the Chinese engineers who created the Type 81. And you know what? That's excellent. The SKS is as solid as they come, so if the T81 retains that level of reliability, we're in for a treat.

Enough with the "No, it's not anything like the SKS" already... more reading history, less speculating please!
    lol tell that to the ppl who have had hands on and say it’s nothing like an sks. Please tell me what is in the design that is from an sks other then the carrier ? Bud I’ve heard ppl say it fires x39 so it’s an sks clone as it’s basically the only rifle ppl associate with that round in Canada. Just cause inspiration was drawn from that rifle doesn’t mean it’s functionality or internals are the same. The rifle draws from the t56 more in every way
    Last edited by Zab; 10-18-2017 at 01:14 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Was your seller viterknife ??? I paid for mine sept 29th
    I just checked, yes that’s the seller

lol tell that to the ppl who have had hands on and say it’s nothing like an sks. Please tell me what is in the design that is from an sks other then the carrier ? Bud I’ve heard ppl say it fires x39 so it’s an sks clone as it’s basically the only rifle ppl associate with that round in Canada. Just cause inspiration was drawn from that rifle doesn’t mean it’s functionality or internals are the same. The rifle draws from the t56 more in every way

Then the people you talk to are obviously idiots. It's definitely NOT an SKS, but it's NOT an AK either. It's a mix of both, plus some other designs as well (one could argue that the front portion of the rifle is derived from the Galil design). The bolt carrier, round & hollow charging handle and open receiver cover are a signature feature of the SKS. Apparently the T81 engineers felt that it was a superior design to that of the AK and so they retained it. It is therefore strongly related to the SKS design in that way. The magazine well placement as well as the trigger guard design are also very SKS-ish.

Where you see a lot of AK, others could see a lot of SKS. Neither is wrong.
    Last edited by 762mm; 10-18-2017 at 01:30 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    For fear of over simplifying this... the back half is AK, the front half is SKS. Draw a line right through the rear sight.

Does anyone know what the cutoff date was for the free sling and mag?

Bought one... what the hell

I just checked, yes that’s the seller
    Same as mine as well.
    Pro Patria