Page 173 of 616 FirstFirst ... 153163165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181183193 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6153

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62X39 SERVICE RIFLE** ~Now on the way~ -Last chance!

Have been watching this thread for a while now. Just out of curiosity I want to ask is it normal for production firearm to sell higher on the secondary market than what it retailed for in Canada? I'm interested in the T81, but I'm still waiting on my PAL to come. So if I want to pick an used one up later down the road, should I be expecting to pay a significantly higher price for it?

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qiu_lijie View Post
    Have been watching this thread for a while now. Just out of curiosity I want to ask is it normal for production firearm to sell higher on the secondary market than what it retailed for in Canada? I'm interested in the T81, but I'm still waiting on my PAL to come. So if I want to pick an used one up later down the road, should I be expecting to pay a significantly higher price for it?
    Hard to say.

If there are only in fact, 1000 coming, and no more in the forseeable future, then potentially, yes. But not if the 1000 don't sell out.

If the reports come back good, more chance of a higher price. If they are like shotguns, less.

Supply and demand. When supply ends, demand will set the price. Which needs to be balanced against performance, the warranty process if there are issues, parts availability, and how many gee-gaws are on the market (aftermarket support).

Rumor existed of more than 1000 being produced. What the availability of those others, if they exist, will play a part.

No simple answer to your question. Too many variables.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Hard to say.

If there are only in fact, 1000 coming, and no more in the forseeable future, then potentially, yes. But not if the 1000 don't sell out.

If the reports come back good, more chance of a higher price. If they are like shotguns, less.

Supply and demand. When supply ends, demand will set the price. Which needs to be balanced against performance, the warranty process if there are issues, parts availability, and how many gee-gaws are on the market (aftermarket support).

Rumor existed of more than 1000 being produced. What the availability of those others, if they exist, will play a part.

No simple answer to your question. Too many variables.
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'm just asking is it common for a price increase to happen, but I guess it is hard to tell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qiu_lijie View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'm just asking is it common for a price increase to happen, but I guess it is hard to tell.
    I would give TI a call and see if you can buy one and they keep it untill you get your PAL, guaranteed to have one then

Quote Originally Posted by tobaman45 View Post
    I would give TI a call and see if you can buy one and they keep it untill you get your PAL, guaranteed to have one then
    This or get a friend with a pal to buy it and hold it for you until your pal arrives.
    Beards; its like having machine guns on your face!

Quote Originally Posted by tobaman45 View Post
    I doubt it.I would think it would be, No Pal no sale, they could loose their license. Getting someone else to buy it for you when you don't have a pal is called a straw purchase also illegal.

Not trying to rain on your parade but even if a person was so inclined and it was total innocent intentions to do such a thing the last thing should be to post it where who knows could read it.
    Last edited by Sinbad; 10-16-2017 at 08:54 PM.

I think what they were trying to say is the friend would buy it and hold onto it And when the license arrived the other person could take possession of it
    Nothing illegal there ...

Fair enough, my point is why would you post it here where the law could read it. I'm doing someone a favor. They don't care if it a friend or not the law is the law case closed. You don't really want to be in a situation that someone is looking at you, that's all.
    I'm sure intentions are innocent
    Last edited by Sinbad; 10-16-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greygoose8 View Post
    I think what they were trying to say is the friend would buy it and hold onto it And when the license arrived the other person could take possession of it
    Nothing illegal there ...
    happens every day
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    My initial plan was to run the cheapest rounds I could find (purchased in bulk) through it.

Sadly, after some short email exchanges with my local gun club - they told me anything that gets picked up by a magnet (bullet - not casing) was a no-go at the club. It took a pretty hefty search to find bulk NON-steel core (aka lead) rounds. It also increased the cost by about 40-50%. I'll have to save my cheap steel core for the bush. It was a big pain in the butt, and basically the whole benefit of being able to fire old cheap milsurp (Steel core) was lost.
    ya lol your range is straight balls wtf