Page 584 of 616 FirstFirst ... 564574576577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591592594604 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 6153

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62X39 SERVICE RIFLE** ~Now on the way~ -Last chance!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    OK, TI is only open for another 2 hours, and near as I can tell nobody got shipping notices all day yesterday, and none received so far today.

2 hours left before we all acknowledge their latest promise was total BS.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN frequent flyer
    Among the other things I was told was that they had already processed "a lot" of the folders, i.e. they had a stack prep'd to start pulling orders for and ship. And they were going out "today and tomorrow".

I am fully expecting them to come forth and say "too bad so sad, we didn't get all the folding stocks we were expecting, you will have to wait until we do, not our fault" or some similar statement.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I heard Somali pirates seized the shipment but are only hold D Leach's rifles and mags ransom now!?!!??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    I fully expect they will still be making excuses in December for why they haven't shipped everything and why ever more orders won't be filled until Q1.
    My latest fear is that they oversold the shipment like Air Canada does with airfare seats. No, I have no info to back that up, just a gut feel based on performance to date (or lack thereof).

Whether on purpose or not, that is exactly what happened with the mags.

Dragging out shipping in the hopes of lessening the time between when they fess up to that and when the next shipment leaves China so they can try to talk their way out of things...

"Why are you complaining? More stock arriving in Q1...."

Imagine if a first month folding stock pre-order is thusly bumped? Fair? And how many shills would rush to defend that?

I'm think some would, especially the Johnny come lately types that got their whole order shipped in the first week.

Overselling products is a well know stock management tactic which originated in Japan (the zero stocks principle). It essentially means that if you oversell item XYZ by let's say 10%, then you are pretty much guaranteed not to have stock sitting in your warehouses (which costs you money) and, as a side effect, you also create a "limited quantity" hype which can drive the prices up via supply & demand. All in all, an oversold item is a win for the business owner.

That being said, TI actually made some final adjustments as to how many folders were left with all the cancellations and all right towards the end, therefore one would assume they got their numbers right. We'll see.... but if it turns out there isn't enough to go around for those who pre-ordered, some of us will be boiling with piss for sure.

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    TI you should bring us all up to speed with what's going on
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    And they might not be ready for a large refund CC payout???
    $100,000.00 ???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Except the Japanese have an acute sense of honor and fair-dealing. They would never adopt a last-in, first-out shipping strategy.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Except the Japanese have an acute sense of honor and fair-dealing. They would never adopt a last-in, first-out shipping strategy.
    True.

Western world businesses have a tendency to adopt the profit-generating strategies of the orient and ditching the honorable parts of the equation though, lol. Not saying this is necessarily the case here, but we'll see in the end.

For now, some of us will give TI a little bit more patience. Not much, but a little... just about till Monday or Tuesday.

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I heard Somali pirates seized the shipment but are only hold D Leach's rifles and mags ransom now!?!!??
    Lol dirty bum pirates

As for the folding stocks being seized at the border, one of them is already in private hands and TI would have an obligation to report it if such was the case (if it were indeed a prohibited class receiver). The guy who got it already took it out shooting in the woods and reported back on it here.

The thing that was wrong with his particular gun is that it got shipped apparently by mistake, with only the dark colored stock inserts and therefore the pictures the guy took of his rifle weren't representative of what everyone else was supposed to get. I figure TI didn't want these pictures circulating because they would quickly become "the reference" of the T81 folders TI was selling. People who don't follow this thread (the vast majority) would assume it's what's actually being sold.

All in all, it's too early for tin foil hat conspiracies... at least for now.