Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: bizarre experience with Canada Ammo / Canpar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Canpar service is fine at my current address.
    I'm only a 10 minute drive to one of their big distribution centers.

But where I used to live; I absolutely refused to let anyone ship a package to me through Canpar.
    The closest pick-up location was hours away from my house.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Who are you replying too? Me or the OP?......You quoted my post but appear to be speaking to the OP's situation.
    I think he read that and assumed it was me that said it?

Canpar and canada ammo have always been great to me.

CGN Regular
    I was waiting for a can post delivery one time, the girl pulled into driveway, I was waiting at window till she got out, she sat for a minute, backed out and left, then I got "attempted delivery" notice. Canpar is useless in my town, no depot, if ammo is in something that says ammo, they won't deliver it to my town. One time I went out to my shop, walking by the wood shed I see a parcel on top of wood, it was june, that could of sat there till Oct till I lit stove.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I wonder if delivery drivers have a gripe forum somewhere, would love to read some of those stories.

I'm pretty sure canpar will consider this positive feedback. It wasn't delivered but we didn't lose it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylegger View Post
    I wonder if delivery drivers have a gripe forum somewhere, would love to read some of those stories.
    Purolator is a pain as after one failed delivery they make me drive to their Depot a hour away
    They gave me a sticker I registered for that is in my door they can scan it and now leave the delivery at the door

Canada post is good and of course local.pickup if not able to deliver

Ups sucks and is expensive
    FedEx about same. Have to drive an hour to Depot to pick up

Canpar gave delivery notice and lso allows online instructions unless shipper had specified no delivery instructions allowed

I order things from Ali express. They use free chinese shipping to Canada. Says 4 to 6 weeks. Usually is there in a week or 2. Free. Handled by Canada post.

Ive had great service with Canada Ammo. That being said I live in a rural location and my house is a mile from my mailbox....cannot see the house from the road. Canpar has come up my driveway and deposited a box of ammo on my porch then left. They have also put it in my mail box when they are to lazy to drive up my driveway. I think the problem here is Canpar dosnt have a strict driver delivery structure. Basically the drivers do what they want depending on who they are and what their schedule is like.

This is not Canada Ammos fault. Its the couriers.

That being said, Canada only has afew couriers that ship ammo so thats why they tend to use Canpar. So they dont have much of a choice unless you want seriously high shipping costs that other Courier Companys would charge.
    Like everyone else is saying, chalk it up to a live and learn scenerio. Want ammo, go Canada Ammo, want a flashlight go to some other vender. But I wouldnt boycote Canada Ammo because the courier they use is sub par.

Why did nt you just get it shipped to your work ,or some ones house that is going to be home?thats what I do

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    I can't see why a company would cover a cost over their entire profit on it, when it's within their guidelines.

I see zero fault for them, but your choice.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast