Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: bizarre experience with Canada Ammo / Canpar

No love for canpar here. I agree with the poster who said he doesn't know how they stay in business. My parcels tend to go MIA after the delivery driver picks it up from the depot thats 10 hours away round trip, half the time the depot doesn't answer their phones during business hours, can't get ahold of the driver who hasn't been seen or heard from in days, each new phone call gets a new customer service rep who starts a new inquiry then phones back a day or 2 later to tell me they can't get ahold of the driver and don't know where he is with my guns and ammo. Then they ask if I want to come pick it up from the depot. 10 hours away. Like really guys? F**k right on, your driver has an SKS and 2400 rds of ammo that I paid for, you can't find him and nobody has seen him for almost a week? What's your name? Thank you, and the name of the driver? Thanks! I'll be contacting the RCMP to report my firearm and amunition stolen. My sweet holy f**k can they find an MIA delivery driver fast when properly motivated. F**k canpar. Sorry CanAm but I can't deal with that company any more. I only buy stuff that ships canpost from you guys.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I get lots of stuff shipped to me, and often it's firearms related. Most companies require a signature for this stuff these days. There are ways to set yourself up for success in getting parcels expediently.

I live outside of town so no courier delivers to me. I get my stuff sent to a friends business in town. He and his employees mostly have PAL's, too. Non gun stuff that doens't require a signature goes to a friends place. Firearms mostly get mailed to me to pick up at the PO.

All the companies have their quirks, but once you set yourself up to be easy to deliver to, you always get your stuff, from all of them, including Canpar.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I like Can Am. but I wonder how many customers they've lost over this shipping outfit. I still can't imagine telling Canpar to leave it at the door.

I can just imagine the news story when some news outlet like global runs with the story of how the 12" DA grizzly shotgun or worse was confiscated at the crime scene.

Did they steal it? Smuggle it in from the States? Buy it on the black market? Nope found it at the door or beside the boat in the driveway next to the hedge. We as gun owners have enough issues trying to keep the corrupt gun grabbing liberals from trying to find reason to grab our guns without feeding the the fire.

Convenience is nice but, the news did a story when Tactical Capital first announced online financing because to them it was news worthy. I like being able to shop online and I see this as detrimental. Yes there was a lot of sarcasm in here.

But really think hard about what your saying here. It only takes one tragedy just one to give reason to change what we have come to enjoy. My 2 cents (rant over)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Sometimes I think it depends on the local driver.................... but our UPS guy is great. Packages in the garage on the mat by the door, door bell rung and he's gone. (unless it's sig required)
    Ordered some ammo online from a small store who's only option was UPS. Got my shipping notification and tracking number then began to worry a bit when I noticed it was signature required. I know the UPS truck does its rounds in my area well before I get home. As luck would have it, on the delivery day I got home an hour early and the UPS truck was running way behind. The driver rang my door bell and before I got there they were driving away. I ran out waiving my arms thinking I missed it and the driver pointed back towards the house. I turned around and saw the box of ammo sitting on the front porch. Funny part of the story is that I checked the tracking link a while later and where the signature is supposed to show all it said was "met customer man outside". So much for "Signature Required".
    I don't think how things get done has everything to do with the shipping company. Sometimes different drivers play by their own rules.
    Now I should mention in this story the shipper did an outstanding job of packaging. The ammo boxes were packed inside another larger box with enough stuffing around the smaller boxes that there was no rattling noise coming from inside. There was no writing on the outside of the box indicating that it was ammo. This makes a huge difference in how the shipping companies or drivers deal with ammo shipments. Stamp AMMO all over the box and less of them are willing to drop it off somewhere and leave. Other vendors (hint hint) could learn a lot from this place. Actually come to think of it every place that I have ordered ammo from has re-packaged it well, except Canada-Ammo.
    Now back to the OP's issue with Canpar and Canada-Ammo. A few years ago I ordered a case of 7.62x39 from them, shipped by Canpar. The ammo was shipped in its original cardboard box which said "AMMO 7.62x39 1000 ROUNDS" everywhere you looked at it. Shipping label was stuck right on original box with no attempt to cover the rest of the box or to re-box it. I left instructions for Canpar on where to leave it as I knew I wasn't going to be home. Usually that would not be a problem with the Canpar driver but this time I got a phone call saying that they could not leave the package for me as usual because this one says Ammo all over it. They told me that if it had been packed in a way to try and conceal the contents they would have left it for me. So after half a day of missed work to go pick up my "cheap" ammo it suddenly didn't end up being such a good deal. I have never bought from Canada-Ammo again. Seriously how hard is it to simply put the case of ammo inside another cardboard box or at least wrap the original box with paper and wrap some tape around it? You guys should know that people have to work and can't always be home to wait for a delivery truck that may or may not show up on the estimated day of delivery. At least put some effort into trying to make things a little easier for us.

There have been quite a few of these canpar threads.
    Canada ammo has been awesome for me. Canpar on the other hand... not so much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    There have been quite a few of these canpar threads.
    Canada ammo has been awesome for me. Canpar on the other hand... not so much.
    I'm a little confused. If Canada Ammo has been awesome for you but Canpar "not so much", and Canada Ammo still continues to use Canpar then how has Canada Ammo been awesome for you?

Quote Originally Posted by duuder View Post
    Blackpowder, I dont feel entitled to have the vendor cover this mistake. I know of vendors who WOULD cover this type issue for the sake of wanting to excel in the customer service, satisfaction, and retainment departments, and that's why they will continue to receive my money.

I realize that not familiarizing myself with their default vendor or return policy was my own mistake, and I accept that it cost me 25$. I have learned my lessons here.
    I know of vendors too who would pay for a customer's mistake, and I try not to shop with those. Because ultimately those "Satisfaction guaranteed even for stupid customers" policies are paid for by non-stupid customers. Whatever losses a business incurs ALWAYS have to be made up for one way or another(usually by raising prices for everyone), or the business stops being profitable and has to close down. I wouldn't want either of those two things to happen to Canada Ammo.
    ...so I guess your story makes me much more confident buying from CanAM knowing that they aren't throwing my money away.

Also, where exactly in GTA are you? I cant think of a place from which it takes "1.5 hours" to drive to the Canpar depot. And either way, if you are going to Algonquin, the Canam depot will be on your way. Surely you could stop there to pick up your package..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Canada Ammo ships by UPS, Canpar and Canada Post. If your local Canpar sucks (mine doesn't) pick UPS.

The OP should have picked CP for a headlamp if his local Canpar service is poor.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    I think this has run its course.

OP please email me at info at CanadaAmmo.com if you want to try one of the other delivery options I mentioned above

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567