Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: bizarre experience with Canada Ammo / Canpar

CGN Regular

bizarre experience with Canada Ammo / Canpar

Two delivery attempts made mid day only, and Canpar is telling me that its going to be returned to sender in 5 business days if I don't pickup from their depot. Leaving for a 6 day portage in Algonquin on Saturday, and even if I wasnt, the Canpar depot is a 1.25 hour drive from my house. All for a headlamp and some batteries? Not happening. Canada Ammo tells me on the phone that if I want the package, I will have to pay more for shipping, or return the items for refund minus the shipping cost. So, I get no product, and Im on the hook for the shipping costs. Easy decision there. I will never buy from this vendor again, and will be giving a warning to friends to avoid this vendor. This is after multiple smooth transactions with them.

Turning to CGN to vent frustration, as I realize this is their policy and they are sticking to it, and there isnt anything else I can do.
    Last edited by duuder; 08-17-2017 at 04:22 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    For something so minor, why didn't you just ask them to ship via Canada Post?
    A Government of Laws and not of Policies.

CGN Regular
    I hadnt expected any issues, and I assumed Canada Post was the standard method of shipping. If I actually selected Canpar somewhere, it was a mistake that I dont remember making.

I don't see how this is canada ammo's fault.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    I don't see how this is canada ammo's fault.
    They choose to use a crappy shipping service, that's how
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Regular
    Im not sure it's entirely their fault, I was just expecting better assistance in rectifying the issue. That certainly did not happen, and now Im out the 25$ for shipping, without any product to enjoy.

CGN frequent flyer BlackPowderBurner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    They choose to use a crappy shipping service, that's how
    You chose to not inquire about their method of shipping. If you want to avoid using Canpar, actually put some effort into it. If you decide to not drive and pick up the packages available to you from Canpar again that's your choice and not the fault of either the shipper or retailer. If you're frustrated with yourself don't take it out on the retailer. Maybe eating the cost of shipping will help you realize your responsibility here.
    Za naszą i waszą wolność.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer coldshot's Avatar
    Nothing bizarre at all, that's normal for Canpar, what's worse is when you drive the many kilometers to the depot at the described time and nobody is there. With all the trouble I wonder why these venders list them as a shipping option.

CGN Regular
    Oh I fully learned my lesson. Its "don't buy from this vendor again". I take responsibility for myself not doing my due diligence in the transaction, and accept that it cost me 25$. Im happy it wasn't more. That said, I know plenty of vendors that would go way beyond what this one has in the customer service department, and will continue giving them my business instead.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Last edited by Jaylegger; 08-17-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast