Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Dominion 9mm ammunition?

BANNED
    Dead primers I can excuse, but Squib loads? Even 1 of those is unacceptable. That's how people get hurt.

I wouldn't shoot another round of that stuff if I were you.

We do apologize that you've had this issue. When you purchased in January we were having some growing pains and those issues have since been resolved.

As we told you via e-mail we are happy to send you a brand new case for free.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Okay, show and tell time.

I managed to scrounge up some defects at the range today. It's just a small sample of defective ammo that I've encountered, I don't usually save them, but will now.

2 45ACP, one .308. All are factory made ammo. None of these rounds would fire despite being struck more than once.

3 45 ACP commercial reloads (not from Canada Ammo) All three fired in a Glock 21 Gen 3. Primers were hit but no ignition. When they were ejected and returned to the magazine, they fired. Which leads me to believe the primers were a bit proud and the first strike seated them better and the second hit allowed the cup to contact the anvil and ignite the primer.

Last year I bought 10 000 Wartak 9mm, then saw a thread about some over pressure problems with it. I ended up using the 10 000 with 2 missing primers and one squib. I bought another 10 000 and they worked fine too, with minimal problems that I recall. No doubt that some people had problems with it, but they must have improved. Canada Ammo mentioned that they had some issues at first, but it looks like they improved too. Here's the Wartak thread.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1424234-Opinion-on-WARTAK-9MM-AMMO?highlight=wartak

Anyway I only went through about 200 of the latest batch of the Canada Ammo stuff today, no problems.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    I've had about 10 light strikes. 1 completely missformed case. One case that was broken apart in the box.

Not super impressed overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Okay, show and tell time.

I managed to scrounge up some defects at the range today. It's just a small sample of defective ammo that I've encountered, I don't usually save them, but will now.

3 45 ACP commercial reloads (not from Canada Ammo) All three fired in a Glock 21 Gen 3. Primers were hit but no ignition. When they were ejected and returned to the magazine, they fired. Which leads me to believe the primers were a bit proud and the first strike seated them better and the second hit allowed the cup to contact the anvil and ignite the primer.

Is it just me or do these strikes look ridiculously light for a Glock? What does the firing pin channel look like?

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Is it just me or do these strikes look ridiculously light for a Glock? What does the firing pin channel look like?

The strikes do indeed look light, because the firing pin was seating the primer. The pic is before they were rechambered and fired.

So I'm through 3000 more of the latest Canada Ammo 9mm ammo. Pleased to report ZERO failures of any sort. I'll be through another thousand in about a week so will report back on that too. Looks like they really have their schit together now.

Quote Originally Posted by herpinator45 View Post
    Who actually manufactures this ammunition for them? It should say on the label of the box.
    Whatever happened to Wartak?? Are they still around producing reloads?

Wartak was the only ammo I ever shot that I had squibs with! Several in fact. As I recall back in the Wartak squib / ammo problems era Gatehouse was also a big Wartak fan and cheerleader then as well when folks complained about squibs and their guns blowing up etc on CGN. Think he said he shot 10,000 rounds of Wartak with ONLY X number of squibs yada yada.

Haven't see Wartak around in my area for about a year now. Wondering if they are still at it manufacturing for someone else or have changed names? You say there's no manufacturers name on the Dominion label? Hmmmmm?
    "For me, the action is the juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    So I'm through 3000 more of the latest Canada Ammo 9mm ammo. Pleased to report ZERO failures of any sort. I'll be through another thousand in about a week so will report back on that too. Looks like they really have their schit together now.

Gatehouse, this looks like an exact repeat of your CGN posts of the Wartak squib threads from a year or so back. To funny dude.

Is Wartak the manufacturer here as well??

Here we have another squib reload CGN thread and here's Gatehouse once again seemingly trying to downplay the squibs / problems others here have experienced with the ammo with his running round count again. Getting dejavu here
    "For me, the action is the juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Northaways View Post
    Whatever happened to Wartak?? Are they still around producing reloads?

Wartak was the only ammo I ever shot that I had squibs with! Several in fact. As I recall back in the Wartak squib / ammo problems era Gatehouse was also a big Wartak fan and cheerleader then as well when folks complained about squibs and their guns blowing up etc on CGN. Think he said he shot 10,000 rounds of Wartak with ONLY X number of squibs yada yada.

Haven't see Wartak around in my area for about a year now. Wondering if they are still at it manufacturing for someone else or have changed names? You say there's no manufacturers name on the Dominion label? Hmmmmm?
    I'm not a cheerleader. I just go through lots of ammo -far more than most here on CGN- and report on my personal experiences. I mentioned the wartak ammo in post #33 and linked to the thread on it. I bought the first 10K and only then saw the threads about bad ammo. I ended up shooting 20K of it. I personally think that Sterling Cross/Wartak went through some QC issues that they cleared up, just like Canada Ammo has had with their own 9mm ammo. There is no indication that Wartak has "rebranded" to Dominion, at all, so you may as well get that idea out of your head.

Sterling Cross still makes the Wartak 9mm as well as slugs, .223 and .40 and others. Their slugs (Branded as "black goose") are the best I've seen work in my MKA 1919 mag fed shotgun. Their .223 works fine, although I've only gone through about 1000 rounds IIRC. Never tried the .40 as I don't have a .40. My only issue with Wartak is that they box their 9mm in 10 boxes of 200 rounds per case, and a 2000 round case of 9mm is a bit heavy.

I've also used ammo from almost every other commercial reloader in the country. Most works fine, all have some failures. Same as factory ammo. I've had very, very expensive premium factory ammo for hunting rifles be failures,too.

I buy ammo from wherever I can get it the cheapest, assuming that it works. All I can report on are my personal experiences, and as I experience about 200 000 rounds of various ammo shot per year, I get lots of experience.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast