Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Dominion 9mm ammunition?

Trouble with Dominion 9mm ammunition?

Anyone else having trouble with out of spec Dominion 9mm?
    First - I've had two squibb loads.

Second - I'm having one or two PER MAGAZINE fail to chamber. Bullet gets stuck in the barrel, and I have to press the front of the slide on a piece of 2x4 to get the case to eject from the chamber. Last time, the bullet got stuck in the barrel when the brass ejected, and I got powder all inside my gun everywhere.

I've only fired 75 rounds out of my 1000 round box.
    I don't feel confident that things are going to get much better the more I shoot.

I've now replicated the failure to chamber problem in three guns. Glock 19, SD9VE and CZ SP-01 Tactical. Very disappointed with this ammunition.

I was going to give them a try, appreciate the heads up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greg11 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with out of spec Dominion 9mm?
    First - I've had two squibb loads.

Second - I'm having one or two PER MAGAZINE fail to chamber. Bullet gets stuck in the barrel, and I have to press the front of the slide on a piece of 2x4 to get the case to eject from the chamber. Last time, the bullet got stuck in the barrel when the brass ejected, and I got powder all inside my gun everywhere.

I've only fired 75 rounds out of my 1000 round box.
    I don't feel confident that things are going to get much better the more I shoot.

I've now replicated the failure to chamber problem in three guns. Glock 19, SD9VE and CZ SP-01 Tactical. Very disappointed with this ammunition.
    How long since you bought that batch of ammos? I know they had problems early on, the first batch I bought from them had a bunch of out of specs like yours, but they sent me a hundred extra to make up for it, and I had no problem with my 2nd batch of ammos.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't buy Dominion 9mm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I've used about 20 000 rounds of the Canada Ammo Dominon 9mm.

They have been used in 2 CZ Shadow 2 pistols, Beretta 92 and 2 Beretta CX4 carbines.

I've had a couple of squibs and a couple of dud primers and a few that won't chamber. The failure rate is actually not that different from any bulk ammo, whether reloaded or factory fresh. So only about 20 in 20 thousand were defective. I can live with that

So it's been great ammo for me, especially as the price is very attractive. But if you are having 20% not able to chamber in several different firearms there was probably a glitch in the system when your batch was getting loaded.
    Last edited by Gatehouse; 08-18-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Yea man. Interesting to see I'm not the only one having issues.
    I live very close to my range, so I went again this evening for the second time today.
    Same problem. One round per magazine will not chamber, and drives itself into the barrel such that I cannot extract it without using a 2x4 of wood to press against. I've never had this experience with any other ammunition, honestly. One per magazine is just too much.

The case of Dominion 9mm i bought was absolute trash. 1 or 2 duds per mag at least. I use the ammo to practice malfunctions because it....malfunctions. Never again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Is Dominion Ammo ,factory or CanAm's Commercial Reloaded house ammo? I bought 2000 of their reloads and have had no issues so far, even in matches.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Regular
    This stuff is making Sumbro 9mm look good.

I just burned through 1000 rounds of the same Dominion Commercial Reload as " Still alive " mentioned above with not one single issue. Even when practicing rapid fire double taps. Canik TP9sa , Walther PPK and Beretta CX-4.
    Protection ain't a sin !

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast