Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Desert Tech HTI .50BMG 29" Non-Restricted (Black & FDE)

Wow.....if only I win the lotto today.....
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    A steal of a deal for anybody looking for a top shelf .50BMG. Love the design and the gun is significantly lighter than virtually all others on the market, but due to good design, the recoil is quite tame for a light .50.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Holy thats getting a little ridiculous, price wise for a magazine. But it does look like a pretty slick gun
    249 usd=500 cdn.....wish I could sell some usd for that exchange

Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    249 usd=500 cdn.....wish I could sell some usd for that exchange
    I wish I was smart enough to slap some sheet steel together and sell it for that much

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    I feel like you guys that are commenting on the magazines have never actually used them or handled them, or at the least are forgetting the purpose of this platform.

The line of thinking I am hearing is the same as saying why is the rifle $11,000? There are far cheaper bolt actions on the market... why not just build your own?

The answer is that you are paying for the R&D and incredibly tight build tolerances of the platform... and that includes custom designed and built magazines that should function perfectly with the system. You would not use a $100 scope on a gun this expensive, so why expect them to issue a cheap magazine?

Quality in small batches costs money, full stop. Slap some crappy exchange rates on top and there is your pricetag. They are not going to be producing millions of these mags.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

I’m pretty sure if you can afford a 10k rifle you can afford the pricey mag.

What's the barrel life expectancy on these? How's the warranty handled?
    "Once they are gone, they are gone." -- Anonymous Sales Rep

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_ryan View Post
    What's the barrel life expectancy on these?
    How many thousands of rounds of .50BMG do you plan to shoot annually? Are you shooting ball or match ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    I feel like you guys that are commenting on the magazines have never actually used them or handled them, or at the least are forgetting the purpose of this platform.

The line of thinking I am hearing is the same as saying why is the rifle $11,000? There are far cheaper bolt actions on the market... why not just build your own?

The answer is that you are paying for the R&D and incredibly tight build tolerances of the platform... and that includes custom designed and built magazines that should function perfectly with the system. You would not use a $100 scope on a gun this expensive, so why expect them to issue a cheap magazine?

Quality in small batches costs money, full stop. Slap some crappy exchange rates on top and there is your pricetag. They are not going to be producing millions of these mags.
    Nailed it. These aren't another AR-15 cobbled together with outsourced parts. Or a high production line. And they aren't marketed solely to soda can blasters. They're meant to be a high quality kit to serve military roles where packing up and going home to send an email off to the warranty dept when something fails just isn't an option. Even though I can't afford one I don't see the price as a rip off. I see it as the price of admission to the high end of LR boomers. Like staring at a Ferrari and knowing why it doesn't sell for Honda Civic pricing.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    How many thousands of rounds of .50BMG do you plan to shoot annually? Are you shooting ball or match ammo?
    Probably both if I get it. But I don't think I'll out shoot it's life, it's burning cash...lol, I'm just curious to find out so I have some idea on the resale value in case if I have to sometime down the road.
    "Once they are gone, they are gone." -- Anonymous Sales Rep

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast