Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Desert Tech HTI .50BMG 29" Non-Restricted (Black & FDE)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Is there even any semi auto 50bmgs .....I'm Canada? I never see them for sale....do they exist?
    Browning M2
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 06-24-2018 at 05:42 AM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

Just for the record I already own a DTA with 3 custom made barrels. so I know and appreciate the quality and R&D and they are amazing as is their customer service .HOWEVER no one in Canada is contributing to the R&D or anything else that justifies a 100% markup on the mags, but that's what the free market is for just buy them in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    I feel like you guys that are commenting on the magazines have never actually used them or handled them, or at the least are forgetting the purpose of this platform.

The line of thinking I am hearing is the same as saying why is the rifle $11,000? There are far cheaper bolt actions on the market... why not just build your own?

The answer is that you are paying for the R&D and incredibly tight build tolerances of the platform... and that includes custom designed and built magazines that should function perfectly with the system. You would not use a $100 scope on a gun this expensive, so why expect them to issue a cheap magazine?

Quality in small batches costs money, full stop. Slap some crappy exchange rates on top and there is your pricetag. They are not going to be producing millions of these mags.

Dayam!!!
    Take the red pill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Yum. Just ran across a spare mag in my basement then this thread reappeared. Gotta bring that gun out again.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

So is someone making mag pouches for these mags? I'd like to run 4 or 6 spare mags on my chest rig for The Boogaloo.

Seriously, I get having lots of spare mags is fun with fast round count action games, but would you need more than 2 for typical 50 shooting? Even in the event of necessity?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast