Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help finding a place to shoot southern Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Bancroft- also a bit of a Drive, but they are Alwayz accepting New Members & just put in a 200m range, Skeet etc. been built up allot this year.
    There membership fees are reasonable, but it's 2.5 hours away. I'll still check it out. Thanks! Any other places? Come one CGNer stop hiding your shooting spots. LOL Sharing is caring :P

CGN Regular
    One of my favourite sayings is ... sharing is a sign of weakness

There has to be more options out there. How are we gonna keep this awesome sport alive if members have no where to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Avilon514 View Post
    There has to be more options out there. How are we gonna keep this awesome sport alive if members have no where to shoot?
    Welcome to the sad state of the Ontario gun scene. New gunnuts having doors shut in their face all day long by people who rant about how the government is killing the shooting scene. In southern Ontario you pretty much have to accept the high membership costs and jump through the hoops to shoot at wherever will take you.

Is Barrie still accepting members? Expensive and rules heavy, but that's where most of my shooting gets done when I visit Ontario. Probably quite a drive for you, but at least the facilities are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull1 View Post
    Perhaps check out Silverdale in the Niagara region. A bit of a drive but at least they welcome guests - good to zero in your gun.

RB
    Also Maple Leaf Marksmen, nest Vineland / Beamsville, on 11th Street Louth. They are taking members and a friend shoots there. Seems like a decent club. I’m in Ptbo area, if I were in Toronto I would join there in a second. I’m looking too.

It seems like your looking for a non-private outdoor place to shoot which is very hard to come by these days, but some ranges I could recommend would be target sports located near highway 404 and stouffville rd, a little pricey but not crazy and they are pretty good guys in there. Or east hill outdoors on the 115 in near 401 in newcastle. Me and my girlfriend just signed up there and are awaiting our safety course on thursday to shoot, but it is extremely reasonable pricing with knowledgable and friendly staff plus they offer a 24/7 membership option which might be nice for you being out of the area. hopefully this helps, i know its hard to find info on good shooting spots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12