Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II 223 *Restocked* $677!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhunterbob View Post
    Quick question, just tried ordering off your site for one of these and it won't let me. For some reason there is a request for a Gun Club??? Yeah, in Ontario this is not required as of the last time I checked that information. It shouldn't be required period.
    These are restricted rifles so we require range information in order to get the firearm properly registered to you. This info is required on our site only for restricted firearms.
    Last edited by northpro; 08-23-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    North Pro Sports
    211A-103rd St E
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Follow @northpro or on Facebook for first alert to deals
    Email - sales@northprosports.com
    Ph - 1-888-249-1991 (toll free)
    northprosports.com

Ok, so I was totally wrong. My apologies. Just checked the RCMP webpage and then the Firearms Act to confirm and found that:

Permitted purposes

28 A chief firearms officer may approve the transfer to an individual of a restricted firearm or a handgun referred to in subsection 12(6.1) (pre-December 1, 1998 handguns) only if the chief firearms officer is satisfied

(a) that the individual needs the restricted firearm or handgun

(i) to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals, or

(ii) for use in connection with his or her lawful profession or occupation; or

(b) that the purpose for which the individual wishes to acquire the restricted firearm or handgun is

(i) for use in target practice, or a target shooting competition, under conditions specified in an authorization to transport or under the auspices of a shooting club or shooting range that is approved under section 29, or

(ii) to form part of a gun collection of the individual, in the case of an individual who satisfies the criteria described in section 30.

(Section 30) Gun collectors

30 The criteria referred to in subparagraph 28(b)(ii) are that the individual

(a) has knowledge of the historical, technological or scientific characteristics that relate or distinguish the restricted firearms or handguns that he or she possesses;

(b) has consented to the periodic inspection, conducted in a reasonable manner, of the premises in which the restricted firearms or handguns are to be kept; and

(c) has complied with such other requirements as are prescribed respecting knowledge, secure storage and the keeping of records in respect of restricted firearms or handguns.

**Edit** Ok, after rereading it, I don't know what is right anymore. It doesn't explicitly say whether you require a membership or not, just that you use it at an approved club or range. I've a few restricted firearms I bought while being between ranges because of moving and have had no problem - in fact I bought a handgun 2 months ago after informing that I had recently moved and the CFO office didn't ask me which range or club or anything I would be shooting at, just whether I was purchasing it for that purpose.
    Last edited by shadowhunterbob; 08-23-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Do you have any left?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotax View Post
    Do you have any left?
    Yes we do!
    North Pro Sports
    211A-103rd St E
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    northprosports.com

North Pro Sports
    211A-103rd St E
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    northprosports.com

Wow for those who don’t have an AR, this is a great deal....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Holy crud! I can't even build and upper for that little!
    CSSA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12