Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian Dollar lowering again, prices changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus32 View Post
    Your looking at it in an odd way....none of the effects you are mentioning are directly linked. The decison to increase export fees happened months ago. The bailout was not for G Bush..... so yes, your looking at it in an odd way
    Yes I do look at it in an odd way :D
    NFA member
    Broughton Sports Club member

Business Member
    The CAD is linked to commodity pricing and this should come back to 1 CAD=.88 USD(someday). Meanwhile, importers are faced with substantially reduced buying power.

CGN Regular
    Canadian economy is commodity/resource based. Directly linked to US economy. Traders think that the Canadian economy($) will actually fare worse than the US. I believe these people will be proven wrong. Remember these are the same 'million $ minds' responsible for the crash of the US banking system and hence the downturn in world economic outlook. All caused by creative financing which drove the US real estate market to an unsustainable high. Now these 'million $ minds' are investing in US currency. Doesn't make any sense to me but anyway that's the way it is. Financial and commodity markets have become detached from the real world. The entire world's economies are unstable and so money managers send $ to where they think it will be the safest. The US. Who caused the crisis???
    Anything imported is going to get expensive in a hurry. Mark
    When all is said and done, more will be said than done

A liberal is one who believes he owes a great debt to his fellow man, which he proposes to pay off with your money...... Gordon Liddy

There's no fundamental reason that commodities, or the Canadian dollar, should go down in value so much, so quickly. It's all been caused by the banking crises and the instability of the US economy.

The US banks that are desperate for cash have been forced to liquidate their commodity holdings to get some cash out. In addition, the stock market crash is causing an increase in demand for US dollars. So there's a temporary distortion in the markets.

Very soon the fact that the US economy is going bankrupt because of their humongous budget and current account deficits will reassert itself and therefore the previous slide in the value of the US dollar will start once again.

Therefore I think that the Canadian dollar will rise again very rapidly within a matter of months, if not weeks.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-2 View Post
    Therefore I think that the Canadian dollar will rise again very rapidly within a matter of months, if not weeks.
    We're hoping the same and therefore trying really hard to make the new pricing system dynamic enough to be able to change to match when it returns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Without a run up of commodity prices I wouldn't hold out much hope for a higher $CDN. The former is not likely in the near term. The latter does not play well for Canadian manufacturing. There is also little reason to increase interest rates here, a major factor in the currency value equation.

Take Care

Bob
    ps Hope I am wrong but....
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Ok, here's the way it's going to work for now... I'll be posting a price list on the web & mailing to dealers in the next day or so. It's the same as we had since Aug 18 when the dollar first started sliding. When you call to order, if it's not in stock, you'll get a quote that is 10% higher. If it is in stock, you'll get posted price. When your order comes in, we'll either charge you the quoted price or less (because our quotes are going to be safe...) as we're going to assess incoming inventory as it arrives :D

We're well stocked now on STI, Bushmaster and Desert Eagles from late September / Early October shipments.
    Get 'em soon before we run out of 'em at this price.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12