Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 semi accuracy comparison.

Supporting Dealer
    Well gang, looks like we have reached our pledge goal.

This week I will book the bullets and powder.

I have contacted the owners of the BCL and MH rifles and it looks like all is well there. The target date for all stuff to get to me is 3rd week of Sept. The owners of the first rifles to be tested will be contacted this week.

I will start with 1 MH and BCL and see how things go. The AR10 will have to wait as there can be some issues given its restricted status. If all goes to plan, we might have time to test a 2nd MH and BCL... I think that would be very interesting. Once all is done, we can see where time and funds stand.

This is not a load development program but simply to see what these NR production rifles are capable of wrt to accuracy. From the data generated, it will be easy for any reloader to start with a similar bullet and work up a load. There are simply too many good bullets to test and I really don't think any of these owners wants me to burn through hundreds of rds over many weeks on their personal rifles.... and I simply do not have the time for the testing either.

Read post #60 for my parameters.

To send me funds, you can EMT to info@mysticprecision.com

Please use password precision

This post will be updated as funds are received. Another post will be started to account for the funds being spent... it will be a closed post.

I assume I will be able to post the results in the general forum???? If not, it will be here and on my facebook page.

IF there are any questions or concerns about this, let me know now. Otherwise, we are moving ahead and hopefully, get some lead down range by the end of Sept/early Oct.

Thanks

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Hey Jerry, I don't do emt but I can bank transfer to your business account and then send you an email after its done....hope that will work.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    EMT sent.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    You are in the Main Battle Rifle forum. You be the judge.
    Wouldn't want to win an make you guys and your fancy tricked out rifles look bad.

$30 EMT sent

Quote Originally Posted by torontogungal View Post
    Wouldn't want to win an make you guys and your fancy tricked out rifles look bad.
    Lol, it's not a contest and you're more than welcome to work up a load and share some pics of your results to compare to the results Jerry gets. There simply isn't enough time or money to do more rifles right now.
    And yes, I don't want to be shown up by something with wood furniture.
    Last edited by cr5; 08-27-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    This is cool. I was away for holidays so didn't see this post until the funding goal was already met but if it turns out the funding needs increase, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by McWilly View Post
    I'll second the request for including hunting bullets in this test.
    Awesome. The Berger hunting bullets are really match bullets, they just have thinner jackets so that they blow up once past the rib cage. Not sure if you knew, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    This is cool. I was away for holidays so didn't see this post until the funding goal was already met but if it turns out the funding needs increase, please let us know.
    I don't think there's any need to stop the donation total, as it just means more data, more bullets and weights that can be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Budget goal was just a rough guestimate, if you want to donate a little cash it's still appreciated and any surplus at the end of the testing will be donated to a pro gun charity so it's really a win win no matter how much Jerry spends on the components for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
    I don't think there's any need to stop the donation total, as it just means more data, more bullets and weights that can be tested.
    Every projectile tested requires load development which is not only money but also time and since Jerry is doing this out of the goodness of his heart for $0 don't expect any projectiles to be tested other than the ones he's already said he would test.
    This testing is simply to compare the accuracy potential of the two rifles with common easy to find quality projectiles in a common weight for the platform, not to provide load data to everyone with every projectile available.
    Last edited by cr5; 08-28-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.