Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 semi accuracy comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogungal View Post
    Is a Win mod 100 in the ball park or is this all about ARs & other tricked out sa rifles?
    You are in the Main Battle Rifle forum. You be the judge.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Regular
    Id like to see some hunting rifles compared

Quote Originally Posted by Erickson5006 View Post
    Id like to see some hunting rifles compared
    Do it yourself then, this is the Main Battle Rifle forum so start one of these in the hunting rifle forum if you want to see that.

BANNED
    as i said before i will donate a kac sr-25acc 16" barrel, unfired, stock rifle. i can donate some match grade federal GMM 175gr, and hope someone can donate an equal number of boxes of 168gr federal gmm.

edited to add... i assume jerry would need 2 boxes of each type of match grade to do the baseline, so i am in for up to 8 boxes.
    Last edited by TinkerBell; 08-24-2017 at 07:06 PM.

BANNED
    I can donate my G2 and 100$ for the ammo

Supporting Dealer
    Thanks for starting this and for all the support so far. I will answer the timing question....

My range is not plowed so when it snows alot, the range is closed. That can start anytime from Nov on... If we don't start later in Sept (waiting on rain as the range is closed due to fire risk), we may not get anywhere until March and that is a whole lot of time wasted.

I completely understand the conflict with hunting season. For those that can't spare their toy until later, no problem... just see when the snow falls.

As this is the battle rifle forum, I am most interested in testing the NR rifles like the NEA and MH vs AR10s. I am not going to test a bunch of rifles... just one of each. As long as they are in good working condition as presented from the manf, that is enough.

I did a test of the Kel Tech RFB a while back... sorry, it didn't do well. The goal is to see if these very expensive current gen NR semis can be sub MOA ... we know they will go 1.5 to 3 MOA on any given day. The point is to push the limits on what these rifles can perform when all excuses are removed and the best possible ammo is fed through it.

I will check back on a regular basis and can answer any questions or concerns.

PM or email if you want to chat directly.

Let's put a review date of Aug 30 and see if we have the support to move forward. The more financial support, the larger the project. I have no problem extending into next spring if there is reason to.

ALL funds will be put directly into this project... If there any left over funds, it will be donated to a pro gun cause.

Let's answer the burning question... how well my XYZ can shoot.

Rifle must have a 5/8-24 muzzle thread cause I will be putting on a muzzle brake... if you have another barrel thread, we can discuss muzzle brake options but with this much shooting, I will not be beating up my shoulder.

I have already received an offer for a rifle to test. If there are others, please contact me directly cause we need to discuss the rifle spec, how I will be using the rifle, and mounting a rail for my MPOD.

Let's keep this on track, supportive and fun.

Chambers I can load for... 308 Win, 243 win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7-08 Rem, .. I think I still have 260 Rem dies???

First step is to have rifles to test.... please email or PM if willing to donate a rifle for the test.

Jerry
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 08-24-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

GunNutz
    If I can't manage the rifle I'll at least be in for some money, or some components, whatever Jerry would prefer.

BANNED
    looks like i am out unless we can find a 3/4x24 7.62 "gill" style brake...... i will throw in some cash though, $20 at least plus the ammo i promised.

I've modified post 1 to reflect Jerry's comments and since he only wants three rifles I'd like to keep them all 308. This shouldn't be an issue though since we are only waiting on a commitment from someone with a 102.

Mike, if Jerry goes with the KAC feel free to adjust your donation amount to whatever you want, I'm pretty sure we'll end up with enough donations that we'll have surplus.

Supporting Dealer
    Ball park budget...

Hrn 150gr FMJ, brass and primers... donated by Mystic Precision

We need powder:

2lbs per rifle... If we can't get a sale or jug, then ball park $50 per lb - $100 per rifle. Anyone in the OK Valley need powder so we can do a bulk order???

Match bullets... let's hear what you guys might want to shoot. Here a list of possible suspects:

Berger 155.5, 168gr Classic Hunter... not sure if the VLDs can be seated deep enough to mag feed?
    Sierra 150, 155 and 168gr mk's
    Hrn 155gr amax and ELDM, 168gr Amax and BTHP.

There are plenty of 175 options as well. Because we are only testing at 100yds to a max of 250yds, lighter will be easier to shoot through.

I would ball park $44 to $65/box... get bulk boxes to keep costs down. So if we go 200 match bullets per rifle, ball park $100 to $130 per rifle. Choice of 2 bullets per rifle is possible.

postage $100 per rifle for both ways and insurance. My SWAG puts us at $300 - 350 per rifle.

Now here is a possibility... if there is no snow and I see some good accuracy, these are NR rifles... why not launch some way out there and see what happens????

That could be fun. We need confirmation on these 3 rifles... donations to cover and we can firm up the details to get the rifles to me.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM