Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 semi accuracy comparison.

Super GunNutz crooked barrel jed's Avatar
    I'm in for $20. Let me know when and where to send it

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    I'll make a donation if Jerry accepts one of the XCR-Ms to test. That I'd like to see.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    I have interest in this game, having a 102. Let me know the details for $20. I've spent more on stupider things, for certain. Final results will be interesting.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

GunNutz
    Since he doesn't need the components. Put me down for 50$ to start. If we're getting close and need more, I'll chip in some more.

Put me down for 50 $ and a ATRS Modern hunter in 308 win with medium contour stainless steel barrel.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    is the kac 25 not 5/8 x 24 if so i can donate a few spatha tactical brake. for the testing

i
    nope, 3/4"

personal challenge to someone..... we need someone to donate some 168gr fgmm to match my donation, step up and save the day, prefer one source so lot# is the same

CGN Regular
    I'm in for $50. Varget is a good choice for 308 in general. Temp stable and common. Any chance on testing 150 and or 165 hornady SST?
    Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

~Oscar Wilde~

Super GunNutz
    I'm in for $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
    I'll make a donation if Jerry accepts one of the XCR-Ms to test. That I'd like to see.
    My opinion on the XCR-M is that it's been out long enough with no one able to print repeatable groups better than 1.5-2 moa that it really wouldn't be worth spending the groups money on it, we already know what it can do.
    As for the FNAR, I think most of us know it's a capable rifle but this was intended to be an accuracy test of the latest AR-10 style non restricted rifles not just any 308 semi floating around.
    Maybe next fall we can do this again with a different batch of rifles but since this is all being done out of the goodness of his heart on his own time for zero dollars I would rather just keep things simple and not ask too much just because some people don't feel like doing their own load development.
    This project was started to see what the true accuracy potential of the new BCL102 and the Modern Hunter and how they compare to an AR-10, not to supply load data to everyone with a 308 semi auto.

I'm not going to say no to adding a fourth rifle to the group but I personally would rather keep it as is so this can happen sooner than later and so that once Jerry starts he will hopefully be able to get finished (weather permitting) before the snow flies and his range becomes inaccessible.

I'll leave it up to Jerry to decide if it's worth it and if there will be enough money in the piggy bank to cover the extra costs.

Just in case anyone is wondering if I'm saying this to cover my own interests I'll say that I don't own any of the rifles being tested, my Modern Hunter is in 6.5 Creedmoor so the results help me out in no way at all. I'm simply curious to see what someone with more reloading experience and shooting ability that I have can do with these rifles. With the Modern Hunter I want to see if it truly is the rifle that isn't performing as advertised or if it is as I suspect more to do with the marksmanship skills and ammo choices of the owners. I am also curious to see just how well the new 102 can shoot as it may end up on my shopping list one day if the positive reports keep coming in.

Just remember, the load data Jerry comes up with is for the rifle being tested not your rifle so don't expect to just attempt to duplicate his load and see the same results. You will still have to fine tune the load for your rifle and be as stable and consistent as Jerry behind the trigger if you want to see the same results from your rifle.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Super GunNutz
    Understood. Let's deal with the first 3 and try a new batch next year if all are agreeable. I simply do not have to resources to attempt any of this, so I'm curious at to the process and outcome. Feel free to take pics and vids to complete the experience.