Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B 25 FLIGHT Tomorrow at Brandon, MB *UPDATE*

I am just amazed that they are having to cancel flights because of poor bookings! I think this event has been very poorly advertised, that is why I started this post, at least I have "sold" a couple of extra seats. I am getting really excited about this flight, then 5 hours later I fly to the UK in comfort, it just won't mean the same.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I am just amazed that they are having to cancel flights because of poor bookings! I think this event has been very poorly advertised, that is why I started this post, at least I have "sold" a couple of extra seats. I am getting really excited about this flight, then 5 hours later I fly to the UK in comfort, it just won't mean the same.
    I've got 30 minutes in a Texan (Harvard) with 10 of those actually having control. And a jump from 10,000 ft out of a C47. Was hoping the B25 would be my 3rd WW2 warbirs flight.

I figured the 325 for a waist seat was a steal.

Support the CAF guys. They just got a new plane that they are restoring. Keep em flying.

Avenger!!!

CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Yea, their marketing is a little weird. I would have never known about it had I not clicked on a article about WWII planes on the Fox News app. That must have put a cookie in my phone or something as I got an add about visit to Platsburg a week later. Looks like the B-17 tours the east coast and the B-24 hangs out on the west side. Anyone interested in the schedule of locations and flights should google the CAF. The flight I was on was fully booked as were the 4 flights before ours!

Damn I'd be all over this if I was back home in MB. I flew in a harvard/t-6 once, I was always interested but that's what got me hooked on Aviation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Got an intetesting sales pitch when I was talking to the crew.

Anyone, anywhere in N. America can join the CAF. When you start, you pay your travel and hotel expenses to get to their main base in Arizona. You take their 3 day ground school to "work" around the aircraft and with the public at events. Then you pay your way home. After that, let them know when youbare off. They will fly you out to events for whatever vacation you got and cover the flight and lodging for when you are with them. And fly you home. Youbdont get paid a salary as a volunteer but they get you in and out to the "job" site. You might fly from event to event or driver the ground truck and trailer to the next town.

Either way you get flight time, lots of aircraft exposure and see some beautiful places.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Flew in "Maid in the Shade" when they were in Medicine Hat .
    HOLY CRAP!!!! That thing was incredibly fast on take off, then the pilot had a bit of fun swinging the bird a all over the sky. He did some pretty cool stuff.
    Note...WEAR EAR PLUGS!!!!! It is LOUD!!!!
    Collector of U.S. and Canadian Military uniforms and equipment 1860 to 1950, specializing in the 41st and 88th US Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2.
    Collector of Springfield Armory firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerBlast View Post
    Yea, their marketing is a little weird. I would have never known about it had I not clicked on a article about WWII planes on the Fox News app. That must have put a cookie in my phone or something as I got an add about visit to Platsburg a week later. Looks like the B-17 tours the east coast and the B-24 hangs out on the west side. Anyone interested in the schedule of locations and flights should google the CAF. The flight I was on was fully booked as were the 4 flights before ours!
    Yes you are correct, I saw a post here on CGN about this plane flying in Kamloops, I Googled, found a web site and phoned the US, asked if she was going into eastern Canada, was told yes, Brandon so I made my booking. I have not seen or heard anything since then until I received a phone call this morning to say my flight was canceled. They were a little surprized when I told them their advertising left a little to be desired. I am pleased to support any organization that works to keep these old girls flying. My Dad was a Flight Engineer in the RAF on the B 24 so I was weaned on tales of "his" great radial engines.

Now that is awsome. Another wolverine venture ��

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Got an intetesting sales pitch when I was talking to the crew.

Anyone, anywhere in N. America can join the CAF. When you start, you pay your travel and hotel expenses to get to their main base in Arizona. You take their 3 day ground school to "work" around the aircraft and with the public at events. Then you pay your way home. After that, let them know when youbare off. They will fly you out to events for whatever vacation you got and cover the flight and lodging for when you are with them. And fly you home. Youbdont get paid a salary as a volunteer but they get you in and out to the "job" site. You might fly from event to event or driver the ground truck and trailer to the next town.

Either way you get flight time, lots of aircraft exposure and see some beautiful places.
    Tell me more, I am all ears as I move into semi retirement, not that I have any shortage of projects for restoration, two tractors, a Unimog 406, a BV 202 and Matt told me today I have to add a Jeep to my list but to help with some old "War Birds" would be really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
    Now that is awsome. Another wolverine venture ��
    Hell yes, I have to keep active!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast