Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B 25 FLIGHT Tomorrow at Brandon, MB *UPDATE*

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Tell me more, I am all ears as I move into semi retirement, not that I have any shortage of projects for restoration, two tractors, a Unimog 406, a BV 202 and Matt told me today I have to add a Jeep to my list but to help with some old "War Birds" would be really neat.
    Talk to one of the CAF guys at the trailer that will be there. There is a friendly guy from Tennessee that was telling me about it. They are eager recruiters when they see people that are engaged in the right way. IE in respective awe of what is before them. The aircraft are extremely special.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

If it wasn't harvest, I'd be there. I had a chance to visit their museum in Mesa. I would highly recommend it to everyone, if you are ever in Arizona.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Here's the B25 in Penticton BC a few years back
    Got to pose my M38A1 in the last pic !

Last edited by #1bcshooter; 08-26-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Here's the B17 also in Penticton BC

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Saw this in Regina and Medicine Hat this summer. Did not get the opportunity to get a ride but to see these old gals up close was a moment in life I will never forget. Enjoy John. You will treasure forever.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    When you stand next to them the planes aren't as big is you think they are. The B17 is just about the same size as a F-15. I got to go fly in the B17. One of the pilots it was originally from Edmonton. He flies for United Airways. The B17 is cramped as hell. The one plane I was impresses with was the Lancaster. It's way bigger the B-17. I also got to fly in that one too.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    I was in Normandy at the 70th in 2014. What was the Bomber that was flying over during the Ceremony. I also saw it sitting a Carpiquet Airport.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    READY TO BOARD!!!

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Well that was an amazing experance, worth every penny. The wheels were hardly up and I was signaled to take off my seat belt and crawl under the flight deck to the bomb aimers position, what a view, then back to jump seat behind the pilot and then a visit to the mid upper turret. Very very impressive, if you get the chance, go for it, if you can afford it pay the extra and get a seat in the front, hang back so you are the last to board and then you should be in the jump seat behind the pilot for take off, you will have the best view. Pictures will follow, I am now waiting to board a jet, this next flight is just not going to be the same, just as I always believied real rifles have two barrels, real planes have radial engines

Thanks to my wife Pat as this flight was an early anniversary present.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 08-26-2017 at 05:31 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    That's very cool! Thanks for posting about this.

I checked their website and found their B-17 was only about 3 hours from me a week or so ago . I will definitely keep an eye on their website and maybe try for a road trip next year if they come close to the Maritimes.

I think I've just added a new thing to my bucket list!
    Last edited by sailor723; 08-27-2017 at 07:22 AM.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast