Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: B 25 FLIGHT Tomorrow at Brandon, MB *UPDATE*

B 25 FLIGHT Tomorrow at Brandon, MB *UPDATE*

The B 25 Mitchell WWII medium bomber will be at Brandon Airport tomorrow. Flights are available, call Chris at 778 918 2525 to book your flight, tell him "John" told you to call. I start my holiday tomorrow and what better way to start that with a flight in an old War Bird, I am booked for an 11am flight, see you there!

Last edited by Wolverine .303; 09-01-2017 at 12:11 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Man would I LOVE to join ya. Bit of a Trek for me tho :-(
    Have fun!!!!!

Post pics aswell!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is that the same model that the U.S. Navy launched off of a carrier to bomb Japan?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Is that the same model that the U.S. Navy launched off of a carrier to bomb Japan?
    That would be the one. One of the earliest books I remember reading at a young age was 60 Seconds over Tokyo. Would so do it if I could

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I envy you Mr Wolverine.....enjoy your flight!
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

The B-25 was outside of Edmonton the last long weekend. Beautiful bird. Got there with my little guy just in time to watch them start the engines, taxi away and take off. If I would have been 10 minutes sooner we'd have been in it!

The price list at the gate said, $ 650.00 for the jump seat but a whole family for the flight for $ 20.00! (If I read it right)

Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I believe the proper plane is the Commemorative Air Force B25 Maid in the Shade... missed out flying in her at Springbank due to a left engine failure to start. They got it fixed now and all is good. Beautiful aircraft. Actual combat aircraft used in the Mediterranean with the bombs being accurate to it's record, however it was never named in combat nor did it have nose art. CAF came up with the name as it was restored in their new (At the time) hangar while their B17 Sentimental Journey was restored outside mostly.

The skin still has bullet hole repairs. One is on the area behind the right seat pilot location. Very close on that one...

Last edited by fenceline; 08-25-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I believe the proper plane is the Commemorative Air Force B25 Maid in the Shade... missed out flying in her at Springbank due to a left engine failure to start. They got it fixed now and all is good. Beautiful aircraft. Actual combat aircraft used in the Mediterranean with the bombs being accurate to it's record, however it was never named in combat nor did it have nose art. CAF came up with the name as it was restored in their new (At the time) hangar while their B17 Sentimental Journey was restored outside mostly.

The skin still has bullet hole repairs. One is on the area behind the right seat pilot location. Very close on that one...

Thanks for the photo, yes this is the girl in question, I can't wait for the flight. My flight was canceled at 10 am so I had to take an 11 am flight and up grade to a seat in the front not a "waist" position but I am told I will get a few mins in the bomb aimers position, should be great!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    The waist gunner seat take turns crawling into the tail gun position and have time to take pictures and video out from those two views. Waist and tail.

The people riding up front start out in a couple of added seats for passengers. They take turns crawling under the flight deck (pilots deck) and into the nose. Great forward view.

I got to crawl all through it on the ground. I think both positions are worth the money. Front seats get to essentially see the pilots work and where you are going.

Was pretty depressing watching the first flight get the right engine up to idle and then the left just sputter and not catch. Spent 5 hours hanging out with the crew. Great folks.

So great I'd spend the money to visit them in Arizona.

You're gonna love it John. Jealous.

Tell me if you find the two autographs from the Doolittle Raiders who have been on her. The bomb bay is full of WW2 vet autographs and Rosie the Rivetor sigs.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I flew in the B17 Sentimental Journey when it made a stop in Platsburg NY. I went up with my Dad on his birthday. It was truly an awesome experience worth every penny. I think the flight time changes and engine problems are normal. Our flight was for 11am and didn't get off the ground until 3pm. They had to spray nitrogen on engine #3 to get the moisture out of it so it would turn over.
    The weather was so good, their staff so friendly and apologetic that all the problems didn't have the slightest effect on the awesomeness of the day. If anyone has the opportunity to fly on one of these planes, don't think twice. You can always make more money later but memories like this come by very rarely. To get to stand up and move around the plane while in flight, looking out the windows and seeing the cables move as the pilots manipulate the controls and sitting in the same seats as the guys did in WWII is truly unforgettable!

Have a great flight, you won't regret it!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast