Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch SL8-5 Long Rail /w Sights 20" .223

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Id be all over it if it had a regular g36 stock and STANAG compatibility from the factory.
    Due to export law not all things like that are do-able
    Collector of WW2 German firearms
    Abolish magazine capacity limits and ATTs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Id be all over it if it had a regular g36 stock and STANAG compatibility from the factory.

Or even offering it with an aftermarket stock/lower receiver (like a Hera) installed would probably increase sales.
    I'd get one then.

There's a gun shop in Germany, called germangunworks, who offers a lot of aftermarket products for the HK SL8 to convert it to a HK G36 version.
    They offer int'l shipping.
    RHODESIANS NEVER DIE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is the short sight rail availble instead? Cost, or substituted free if asked?

We got a small shipment of SL8-5. Please contact your dealer to place an order.

We have the Hera Arms SL8 to G36 stock adapter available.

Love my SL8 although I had choice words when fitting the trigger into the Hera Arms conversion kit. The interesting thing is that it also takes the HK 416 mag well after a couple seconds of filing. Now it takes standard AR mags instead of those proprietary single stacks. Ultimately I would love to convert it into a Tommy Built XM8.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    Love my SL8 although I had choice words when fitting the trigger into the Hera Arms conversion kit. The interesting thing is that it also takes the HK 416 mag well after a couple seconds of filing. Now it takes standard AR mags instead of those proprietary single stacks. Ultimately I would love to convert it into a Tommy Built XM8.
    Sl8-4 and 5 use double stack mags and fit magpul g36 pmags. But yes switching to the ar magwell options you the lar mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I kinda feel the same, some days I think it looks good in a quirky kind of way and other times I think it just looks weird, supposed to be an amazing performer by all accounts though - uber accurate

Is the SL8-4 still available? And are all SL8s the thicker bull style barrels?
    Looks like only the -5 came in. You can see if some german stores have the short -4 rail or even better the g36 aluminum rail.

Yes all sl8 have the immensely chunky bull barrel, it's a "match rifle" concept so hk put on what some would call and extra thiccc barrel for barrel rigidity and accuracy.

While this might cost big dollars, our sl8-4 and 5 uses the g36 bcg, so if you source a g36 barrel you can have a sl8 with a g36 barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    bump

CGN Regular
    Are these still made? Ie any chance of seeing more for sale in the future?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast