Merkel 20% Off!

Nordic Marksman

CGN frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Always wanted to add a Merkel to your stable? We have a very special deal on some Merkel R15's

Discounted to $879.00 for the Synethic Stock and $919 for the Walnut

You cant go wrong!

Some photos of what you can expect... Just click on any photo to go directly to the rifles.

R15 Walnut
Available in standard and magnum calibers:
.30-’06 Sprg., .300 Win., 7 Rem. Mag.

R15 Synthetic
Available in standard and magnum calibers:
.243 Win., .270 Win., .30-’06 Sprg., .300 Win. Mag. and 7 Rem. Mag.

Would you have info on what type of bases required for this receiver? Info I found say standard Savage mounts, but there isn't just one standard savage mount to choose from... If you would have a Leupold mount number that would be great...

Hi there, still looking for an answer to above question... Looking for a base part number, from Leupold, Talley, or any other so I know exactly which one will fit...

I have a Haenel Jaeger rifle which is exactly the same and if I remember correctlly it took any Rem 700 mount. I assume these do as well but I'm not 100% sure

Edit: Just read this online "the Haenel takes Rem 700 bases, but according to the rep, the Merkel uses Savage bases", so you're right.

Last edited:
I have a Haenel Jaeger rifle which is exactly the same and if I remember correctlly it took any Rem 700 mount. I assume these do as well but I'm not 100% sure

Edit: Just read this online "the Haenel takes Rem 700 bases, but according to the rep, the Merkel uses Savage bases", so you're right.

Well, I know they don't take Rem 700 mounts, front and back has two drilled and tapped mount locations, they have the same centre to centre distance between them. Rem 700 setup at the back is little shorter. How do I know, the Rem 700 mounts I purchased yesterday didn't fit...! I actually called Merkel USA this morning, they confirmed I need Savage Long Action mounts. But distance between them seems way too apart and regular rings won't work (i.e. extended / offset rings may be required), so may be piccatiny rail is the easiest solution.

The Talley # I have is for Lightweights, its 940725
Fits Savage w/Accutrigger, Stiller Predator and TC Venture.

Sounds about right, just purchased Leupold 55742, looks promising. Compared to Rem 700 bases, these look a bit thicker (screws for the front with Rem 700 bases were bottoming out) and has shorter curvature, which was another observation I had last night... Will make a note here how it goes...

Leupold 5572 barely worked. Screws for the front base did bottom out again, had to shorthen those two screws for about 2mm. I don’t know why they didn’t drill and tap those holes little deeper.

Leupold 5572 barely worked. Screws for the front base did bottom out again, had to shorthen those two screws for about 2mm. I don’t know why they didn’t drill and tap those holes little deeper.

Aside from the screws, they did mount up correctly?

Back
Top Bottom