Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New arrivals: Next gen shorty shotguns -- Kodiak & Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    Same question...received mine on Friday, took it to the range on Sat, fired 3" rifled slugs. After two rounds from each barrel I noticed heavy fouling in the barrels, especially the top one. Cleaned them out, and found lots of what looks like tin foil. Not the slugs, because I've used them in my other shotguns. Some clarity would be nice as to what I've stripped away from the barrel and if slugs should be used or not. Anyone else have the same issue?
    You're going to have heavy fouling in a barrel that isn't long enough to burn all of the powder in a shotgun shell.

Flakes were probably just debris that needed to be cleaned out or leading.

Quote Originally Posted by bp2626 View Post
    You're going to have heavy fouling in a barrel that isn't long enough to burn all of the powder in a shotgun shell.

Flakes were probably just debris that needed to be cleaned out or leading.
    Possibly, but firing the same shell out of my Huglu 13" SXS does not result in the same 'tin foil' fouling left in the barrels....

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    Possibly, but firing the same shell out of my Huglu 13" SXS does not result in the same 'tin foil' fouling left in the barrels....
    Could it be leading from a burr in the chamber or bore? When the bore was properly cleaned did the leading continue?

As mentioned, heavy fouling in short shotguns is typical depending on the powder used.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    So you're confirming that they do not have chrome bores?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Could it be leading from a burr in the chamber or bore? When the bore was properly cleaned did the leading continue?

As mentioned, heavy fouling in short shotguns is typical depending on the powder used.
    I cleaned the shotgun before firing, there was no burr in the chamber or bore. Not trying to cause a stir, more so wondering if others experienced the same as myself. I didn't have any cleaning tools at the range, so I cleaned it at home and have not been back to the range yet to fire it a second time.

Seriously though, I spent about 30 mins cleaning the barrels after firing a total of 4 rounds, and there is still tin residue flakes coming from the barrels. Looking down the barrels you can see areas where it looks like there is still some of the coating (or whatever is coming off) present. This is definitely not normal, at least from my experience. Regardless, I am not overly concerned as I'm not using the Desperado for long distance precision shooting! I won't be returning the shotgun, and was happy with the overall look and feel; fun little gun!

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I'm new to shotguns. I just received my Desperado in the mail today and on the barrel it says 12 GA 3". On the website it says Fires 2 3/4" and 3" Shells. Does it take 2 3/4" or should I just stick with 3"?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTr View Post
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I'm new to shotguns. I just received my Desperado in the mail today and on the barrel it says 12 GA 3". On the website it says Fires 2 3/4" and 3" Shells. Does it take 2 3/4" or should I just stick with 3"?
    3" or smaller, so 2 3/4 is just fine. 3" is the max, which is what is stamped on the barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Anyone have any pictures?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

Any one have the oal for the Kodiac tac collapsed ? Quad gun so short is good .

Quote Originally Posted by robbcart View Post
    Any one have the oal for the Kodiac tac collapsed ? Quad gun so short is good .
    31"
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com