Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ALG ACT Advanced Combat Trigger. Back in stock. AR10, AR15, 102

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Considering it is just a post-trigger-job milspec trigger... why not try a trigger job.
    $10 in tools and you are set for any factory AR trigger you have

Plus Trigger jobs are so easy on the AR.

Just a thought.... but since time is money, just buying one is OK too.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CV32 View Post
    Order placed.
    You will like it. It's what I ended up putting in my build.

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    ^^^ Agreed but the ALG ACT is an great affordable trigger upgrade kit for those that don't have $300.00-$400.00 to spend on a way over priced firearm part.
    It is. And you won't have light-strike issues as you can often get with competition triggers. I had a Timney 3.5 lb, but light strikes were a continual prob. The fix was heavier springs...and consequently a heavier trigger pull. A buddy just removed a $400+ Elfman from his rig for the same reason.
    I run a hiperfire 24C on my competition gun now, but I'm getting either an ALG or a BCM trigger for my spare lower.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Considering it is just a post-trigger-job milspec trigger... why not try a trigger job.
    $10 in tools and you are set for any factory AR trigger you have

Plus Trigger jobs are so easy on the AR.

Just a thought.... but since time is money, just buying one is OK too.
    You can certainly smooth out a gritty stock trigger, bend springs, etc, and make it nicer than it was. But, as I'm sure you know, you risk removing hardening and shortening the lifespan of the trigger assembly, with various seriousness of outcome. The ACT isn't a post trigger job trigger.

Or time is money, and for less than $100 you can have what is basically, the "GA" version of the standard military trigger, the ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger. It features proper hardening, nickel boron differential coatings, high precision machining and finishing from the same people who bring you Geissele Automatics. They are designed for those who must, for various reasons, use a "milspec" trigger and want the best "milspec" trigger that can be made.

We also sell the ALG QMS (Quality Mil Spec) trigger, which is the same outstanding trigger, but without the excellent slippery coating. IMO, the ACT is worth the $20 or so in difference. The QMS is generally offered as an OEM to those companies with strangely nice triggers out of the box.

I know you mean well, and hope we can send you a ACT soon if you haven't already ordered. I think you will be happy with the difference in life and feel over your current trigger.

Cheers.

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    You will like it. It's what I ended up putting in my build.
    Glad you like it.
    Thank-you.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    I'm running the ACT on two of my rifles and I find the triggers to be great. They're like Glock, boringly reliable, everything you need, nothing you don't, and is a huge improvement over a hi-point(milspec trigger). I find them very smooth and crisp on the break, and you can still run the living hell out of them.
    In my honest opinion, if a standard curved trigger shoe is what you want, get the ACT.
    If you want something more Gucci like a flat faced trigger, go with a geissele.
    The only types of triggers I stay away from are any of the "closed trigger pack" design like the CMC or trigger tech, only because they're by design (and proof) to be somewhat less than reliable than the typical open design.

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading a basic milspec to one of these, trust me on this and just do it.
    The ALG ACT is a phenomenal trigger, especially for the price.
    I don't see a Thumbs-Up sign, but Thumbs-Up!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Ok, I'm getting close to ordering these! Do these just drop in all mil spec platforms? No fitting or machining?
    I have a Colt A4 and a VLTOR. I'm a clutz if machining is required!!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    comparing a Geiselle to the ACT is like comparing a VW jetta to *(insert and fancy race car of your choice here)*
    Geiselle is in a whole different legue
    Geissele Automatics make the best M4/HK416/AR15 triggers available. ALG make the best standard forging AR15 trigger available. That how we see it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    So the people selling them want you to buy them.... got it....

I do own an ACT, it is a perfectly fine trigger... but I changed it out for one I like better.

I also have tried a few other triggers. Including gisselle SSA, larue MBT, and AR gold.

Honestly it is a great upgrade, but for me three ACTs was not worth it, as a few hours while watching TV and polishing was a much more personal experience... and when the skill is learned, you can do it any time you want for any future guns.....

Not to be a pain, but I would encourage everyone to take the hands on approach first.

Especially since anyone that has owned ARs will tell you, you usually end up with a few spare triggers. Why not try?

That said... if you only own one and want to upgrade of a budget.... ACT is likely the best way to go.

As a matter of fact, I have recommended them to a few friends, and will continue to do so, as many people don't want to spend the time

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Ok, I'm getting close to ordering these! Do these just drop in all mil spec platforms? No fitting or machining?
    I have a Colt A4 and a VLTOR. I'm a clutz if machining is required!!
    If it takes a milspec AR15 trigger, it will take an ALG ACT trigger. No fitting or machining. Installation is the reverse of taking out your stock trigger. I realize everyone is at different levels, but I'd say if you can change your own windshield wipers, you'll probably be ok. (I personally find the wipers harder) Your Colt A4 and VLTOR are good to go. Click!.

Cheers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast