Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BCL 102 Review!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Driller212 is correct. This whole stabilize later and shoot better farther stuff is an old wives tale/internet forum nonsense.

A bullet leaves the barrel at its fastest and highest spin rate directly after it leaves the muzzle and it only goes down hill from there. When does something that is unstable become more stable later on as its spin rate decreases?

The "go to sleep" thing is related to longer projectiles (VLD type bullets) so those theorizing that the PPU needed time to sleep and the FGMM didn't have it backwards then. The FGMM 168GR is a longer projectile than the PPU 150gr and would need more time to stabilize than vice versa. Also, the BCL102 has a more than adequate enough twist rate to stabilize either or those bullets.

I fully believe that Jiffx could have better groups at 200 than 100 but it is not due to bullets magically stabilizing past 100 yards. Parallax issues at 100M get people all the time just as an example, sometimes people also get in their heads.

Also, even crap ammo can throw out a good group on occasion.

I have no doubt that with a good trigger puller and some good optics this thing can preform well for a SA. Jerry is doing a lot of testing to find this out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    You are correct that it may be more of a factor with longer projectiles. The most noticeable for me is a .243 using 105gr berger vld's. I can take that same rifle and switch to my 70gr NBT loads for coyotes and not experience this. The accuracy results at 100 with the 70gr keep translating respectively down range. Cheap bulk or surplus ammo will not experience this either. A spinning object will naturally try to center it's self and the longer it is the better it's ability to do so.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 09-07-2017 at 03:18 PM.

BANNED
    Sounds like I have another reason to change my range membership. A much as I love the range I have now, I need to be able to stretch out a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    They have been told that if they make a short action, it will be deemed Restricted.

Jay
    What??!

And by they, you mean by the RCMP?
    Gun control means using both hands

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by M-A-X View Post
    What??!

And by they, you mean by the RCMP?
    Correct.

Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    Thank you for the review. It's a nice rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Correct.

Jay
    Awww thats sad! I was looking forward for a .223 version.

So .308 is ok but in .223 it became a evil gun. I Just love that logic...
    Gun control means using both hands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeelliot's Avatar
    Great review! This gun is for sure on the wish list

I think this review didn't put nearly enough time into actually shooting groups.
    Figure out your shooting situation and make the video again.

Only issue with this rifle and is common on a few other modern black rifles is there's no forward assist or charging handle to aid in clearing a jam!