Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: "Person shaped" Silhouette targets - Illegal?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Why are people shooting paper with their kids.... cans are way more fun.

Pick another range if you see something that you can't live with. It is your responsibility to teach your child. It is not other people's responsibility to act the way you want them to act. Nobody suggested that you use human shaped targets to teach your child to shoot. You went there lindahazel. I don't know why. It seems to really bother you. Is it a problem at your range? If not, why do you want to impose your will on other clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Hahaha Whatever Gun Club says no to any kind of paper targets, I would drive 50 miles in a blizzard to avoid giving them any money and make sure they knew why.
    Why the hell not? It's a ####ing piece of paper with ink on it!

Just more proof that fellow gun owners really are our own worst enemy.
    Talk about superstitious kowtowing of the masters eh, good God.
    It's either that or they just want to tell you "NO" to any targets you bring in so they can charge you $5 for a piece of "official approved, no sand in the vagina, Fudd Gun Club" target papers. Maybe both? Unbelievable.
    Makes me appreciate my low key, zero politics, club more and more every day. I'm not even mentioning the name on here because judging by some of the comments from my "fellow gun owners" on this thread alone, I can imagine it wouldn't be long before some twit got them banned at our club too....
    It seems reasonable that a club right next to a suburban area would want to avoid bad publicity, and people shooting targets that look like people is not a positive image to the general public. "superstitious kowtowing of the masters" is one way of looking at it, the other way of looking at it is that when your sport is unpopular and associated with crime to a large section of the population because of unfair media representation, you would want to do what you can to change that image and not give the media more ammunition to use against you. The alternative is to allow any kind of targets, and then dumb morons would start to bring in politicians they don't like on paper and pretty soon they're making it harder for the rest of us to show that we're sane, serious enthusiasts of a peaceful sport.

I like all kinds of shooting, but really it doesn't take any more skill to shoot a human shaped target than a circle so it's not that hard to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Juster View Post

It is a black bear, so a little bit racist.

p.s. How, in the name of G_osh, is a bowling pin shaped like the CNS?
    That bear target is hilarious

In the first place, I remind you that somebody mentioned human-shaped paper targets. Somebody else mentioned that they are not allowed at their gun range. From there it went to WHY! I expressed my opinion as to why I thought there was an issue with using them. I assumed the main issue with anybody would be the message it sends, not to use adults, but to kids learning the basics, as I clearly stated before from the start, of teaching kids proper, safe gun handling, the uses and purposes of guns. Guns, in my opinion, are sporting gear. They are to be enjoyed in competition shooting, in hunting, in collecting...as for shooting at human-shaped targets, again, what is the purpose of teaching a kid to shoot at any kind of a human form. I don't see any reasoning to it. I never said I had any problems whatsoever with adults who want to shoot at human-shaped or any other type of targets they wish to use. Not an issue to me. My point was, referring to kids shooting at human-shaped targets. Think of the issues in the schools today. On the topic, I was exhibiting at a gun show a couple years ago and a young mother came through with her son about 10 to 12 years old. She had just bought him a toy Red Rider, or similar-looking plastic gun. Anyways, I was talking to the mother and the kid, the whole time, was pointing his gun around the room, shooting at everybody--the old guy across the aisle, the baby in the buggy, poking it in his mother's ribs....Of course, I, like any other gun show exhibitor can tell a real gun from a toy gun (as you stated in one of your first messages about kids knowing human paper targets from real humans). BUT, and I say, but...is this mother teaching her kid anything about proper gun handling. Oh, yea, it's cute, he's aiming and shooting everybody in the building with his toy gun and he's a darn good shot, ain't he, she pats his head encouragingly. But what is this kid learning about gun handling! I say, take every opportunity you can to teach our youth what guns are for and how to use them...even if it is a toy...or even if it is just paper...enough said, going to a gun show and ain't got time for any more talk

CGN frequent flyer
    CBSA use blue targets and there are some duds in clubs that do not like, the PC thing.