Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: "Person shaped" Silhouette targets - Illegal?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grock-co View Post
    It always amazes me at how many people want to kill someone,
    Were you day drunk when you posted this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Inno View Post
    I got into a debate with a couple friends of mine regarding the use of "human shaped" silhouette targets.

My friends claimed that it was illegal to use "human shaped" silhouette targets. Although I can understand an actual image of a person (even those age old "hostage" pop up targets) would be illegal or heavily frowned upon, I do not see how the Silhouette target would be illegal.

NOTE: all 3 of us are PAL licensed (restricted and non restricted)

My argument is that I was recently at a range and was able to purchase a few "human shaped" silhouette targets without issue and proceeded to practice my shots as I am training for the LEO career I wish to pursue.

The reason this debate came up is I have an opportunity to purchase bulk paper targets that will offer me generous savings opposed to the $3.00 a target at the range. I dont want to buy in on this if it can become a legal issue.

Any insight and actual legal sources welcomed as I want to get to the bottom of this. I have searched on google and only found "clubs" and certain ranges frowned on them as they resembled people too much and the general public thinks that those who use silhouettes are terrorists in training.
    Nothing in law determines the legality of targets. Many clubs choose for themselves what is or is not in good taste. Some will even invoke the CFO when doing so, although I have never seen any club be able to prove that the CFO has ever put limitations on targets by showing official correspondence.

My club says drawings, caricatures, illustrations, graphical representations of silhouettes, people and zombies are good to go, but not actual photos or posters.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Last edited by GuiltySpark; 09-20-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
    Not illegal but the loony left has decided that it as almost as bad as shooting a real person.

Political signs are also a soft spot, even though the are perfect for holding targets because of their rigidity.

Ha Ha!! what a joke..

At Selkirk Fish and Game in Manitoba we have no rules of the sort. I usually just shoot at simple circular targets on old, flat moving boxes (I'm a furniture mover). Before I saw this thread I never even thought that shooting at silhouette human targets would be a problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canadian Sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Were you day drunk when you posted this?
    Best line I have read today.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post

Lmao

I shoot the reduced police black ones 14X22 at 50 feet (15 meters) and it's cool at my range as long as there's no face features

Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    If anyone complained, hang the target upside down. There - it's headless. What's the small target centred underneath? Let them guess
    love it!
    Funding the "Bank of Dad" for over 30 years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    Was told during orientation that they are not allowed - people polictical leaders ex gf ex bf - zombie posters okay
    Interesting how Zombie targets are OK, but the aforementioned are not. It's still in essence a human soft target that require headshots to "kill".
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.