Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple of SBI Hex Brakes on some ARs

I ordered two. 7.62 and 5.56.

I personally think you should do some more scientific style videos. I think they'd serve your sales well, and they'd probably be fun/interesting to do. Specifically, draw some lines on a large sheet of cardboard, and fire the rifles with the camera side-on the the muzzle/cardboard, so viewers can see the recoil and measure it against various other brakes (or brakeless) firearms. I love videos like that.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg11 View Post

I personally think you should do some more scientific style videos. I think they'd serve your sales well, and they'd probably be fun/interesting to do. Specifically, draw some lines on a large sheet of cardboard, and fire the rifles with the camera side-on the the muzzle/cardboard, so viewers can see the recoil and measure it against various other brakes (or brakeless) firearms. I love videos like that.
    Maybe when it's not -34 out! But we do have plans on doing more videos.

Quote Originally Posted by greg11 View Post

I second that! I'm looking for a brake but I can't seem to find many videos of yours to get a good idea of how the recoil looks like with it on.

i love mine just wish they came with shims to time them sanding 25thou off the crush washer is process
    The smell of burnt gunpowder is my Prozaccou

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
    i love mine just wish they came with shims to time them sanding 25thou off the crush washer is process
    Would the crush washer not compress enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Mad View Post
    I second that! I'm looking for a brake but I can't seem to find many videos of yours to get a good idea of how the recoil looks like with it on.
    Here's a 10 round mag dump from my Vz58:

[QUOTE=SpectreBallistics;14453794]Would the crush washer not compress enough?[/QUOTE
    over half a rotation out. nothing some sandpaper, block of wood and an hour of neflix couldn't fix LOL
    The smell of burnt gunpowder is my Prozaccou

Interested in one of these too. Not much listed for bolt guns. Are they suited for this application? 6mm, 6.5, 7mm, and .308?
    And will add to the above comments. I was trying to find out how well they work at reducing recoil and muzzle jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Hood View Post
    Interested in one of these too. Not much listed for bolt guns. Are they suited for this application? 6mm, 6.5, 7mm, and .308?
    And will add to the above comments. I was trying to find out how well they work at reducing recoil and muzzle jump.
    Our brakes are perfectly suitable for bolt action rifles. If your barrel has 5/8-24 threads our 7.62mm 5/8-24 brake will work well for 6.5mm, 7mm, and .308" firearms.

A muzzle brake works by diverting muzzle gases and absorbing the forward momentum of the gas which counteracts the rearward momentum of recoil. This does have the side effect of making your gun much louder.

Our new Aegis-30 brake has a blast shield which directs the concussive blast down range making it more pleasant to shoot, and reducing dust signature when shooting from prone.

https://spectreballistics.com/collections/muzzle-brakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12