Thread: Reloading components

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar

Reloading components

Hey CGN,

I'm just looking to gauge your interest in us selling AR15 tailored reloading supplies namely 223 brass cases and projectiles.

I'd prolly be able to sell (all super stuff sourced in the USA from indoor ranges):

223 brass fully processed (2x washed full length sized, trimmed primer pocket swaged etc) , ready to go for about $175 per thousand
    223 brass washed only (you need to size, trim and de-prime) for about $85/1000

55 grn projectiles for $85/500

300 BLK washed only (you need to size, trim and de-prime) for about $265/1000

What are you thinking?
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    I'm thinking decent price on the processed brass... Pretty hard to compete with Campro projectiles at $110/1000.

Should sell a fair bit of the 300Blk brass to guys sick of forming their own...

Thanks for looking at being another source!!

I'm just getting into a 300 build now...so that's very tempting.

Any chance of reloading equipment? Or is that kinda a deal killer when shipping is applied?
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

My opinion is that there's so much 223 brass littering our ranges, that it's very hard to interest someone into paying for it; as apposed to just picking it up. Same as 9mm. The only time I would pay for it, is if it's match grade (Ex. Lapua) Whether is processed or not, most if not all reloaders already have the equipment to do so.

As for projectiles, Campro already has such a great reputation, and at a cheaper price. Once again I would only pay more for match grade 223 projectiles (Ex. Hornady)

The 300BLK would be great though.

Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The market for 223 is large, so it's a good place to be, but I think you'll need better pricing. Campro sells for 60$/500, shipping included, so unless those projectiles are match-grade, your pricing is off by quite a margin, even if you ship for free. 223 washed brass sells for 15$/200 at one of CGN sponsor, there's probably even better pricing out there.

Also, X-reload's reloaded 223 is 430$/1000 (they're IVI brass with I believe campro projectiles). With your prices, if you add primers and powders, it's more expensive to reload than buy already reloaded.

Maybe you'd have an easier time going for the AR-10 market. Not everyone slushing in 308 brass, and the commercial success of the NEA102 might bring more people to that platform.

But honestly, I believe reloading is a market by itself, so either get fully into it with lots of brass and bullets and equipment, or the whole thing might be hard for you. I'm fairly certain the margins on match grade bullets is a lot higher than it is on campros, and shipping a box of 50 hornady A-max is cheaper than shipping a box of 500 campros that retails for the same price.

You would be better off selling once fired brass that has not been washed or process. I usually stock up on once fired 9mm and .223 in the fall, because sometimes range pick up brass can be scarce around here.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    OK guys thanks for the info

I think I'll delay getting into the reloading game for a while longer
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms