Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Interac EMT's now flagging firearms sales.

Im going to go with that there is more to the story that Frontier might not know about. Everytime I've sent an EMT as payment for a firearm I write exactly what the payment is for in the note section. No problems with that.

And we accepted three EMT payments yesterday and out business has the word "gun" in it and they went through fine.

I'm going to call this an isolated incident....

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    While we're on the topic, I don't put any notes in the emt, just a separate email with the password. If it's a business, then I refer to the invoice number only. I agree this is most likely an isolated incident.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Im going to go with that there is more to the story that Frontier might not know about. Everytime I've sent an EMT as payment for a firearm I write exactly what the payment is for in the note section. No problems with that.

And we accepted three EMT payments yesterday and out business has the word "gun" in it and they went through fine.

I'm going to call this an isolated incident....
    I think this is about the forth or fifth time we have stated this so far. The EMTs were flagged because they were sent to an email address that contained "firearms" in it. When it would not allow us to deposit the money, we canceled the EMTs. The customers could not take the EMTs back because they were flagged by Interac.

At least 4 people (different banks different parts of the country) have been told by their banks they have to investigate for 48 hours before depositing their money back. The reason? The email address they sent the money to (and or the email we have on file with our EMT set up) contains the words FIREARMS! 4 out of 4 people telling us the same story and the same reason given.

It is all about the emails used, not the message given in the EMT.

ot to be a dick but it sounds like you've been flagged. Business EMT's must be deposited to the same account associated with the EMT email address.
    So if someone sends you an EMT to your business email and you deposit it to your personal account or vice versa that has a different email attached to it then you will be flagged. Especially if it's happened more then once.
    Ask me how I know this.

I will also bet it was C**C that has done this. Either way. Do yourself a favour and open another business account somewhere else. My guess is whichever bank this is will can your ass. You will get a letter stating the bank ending it's relationship with you and they will give you 60 days to make up any arrears. In the event that you have a personal account with the same bank and even worse Credit Cards they will all have to be paid off within 60 days or they go to creditors.
    Ask me how I know this.
    You can use the same email for business and personal accounts. Does not make a difference. Our receiving Credit union is not the problem.

We were given confirmation today that the name firearms in our email is the source of the problem, right now no one can determine if it is the banks, Interac, or a combination. It is built in internally somewhere, we are just waiting for the parties to figure out where. The institutions have gone paranoid in the last years over terrorism/money laundering/trafficking, that we will see more of this.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We were given confirmation today that the name firearms in our email is the source of the problem, right now no one can determine if it is the banks, Interac, or a combination. It is built in internally somewhere, we are just waiting for the parties to figure out where. The institutions have gone paranoid in the last years over terrorism/money laundering/trafficking, that we will see more of this.

There is a thread discussing this issue on reddit's Canadaguns sub, and user https://www.reddit.com/user/HapGil has stated that his is one of the rejected transfers. According to this user, his bank has indicated that Interac is responsible for the rejection.

See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...email/dmoq7xs/

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    My pleasure.
    Last edited by 4quickdub; 09-08-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910