Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Interac EMT's now flagging firearms sales.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by frontier firearms View Post
    just when we thought everything was going smooth, interac has decided to flag email addresses that contains the word firearms, and will not allow payments to process. This not only includes email addresses with the name in it, but also the email address on your banks profile that the confirmations get sent back to.

and why the f..k would you use firearms words in email transfer. Sometimes stupid is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchrestJohn View Post
    and why the f..k would you use firearms words in email transfer. Sometimes stupid is stupid.
    Maybe you should read it again... from the start... then make an ignorant comment

Quote Originally Posted by BenchrestJohn View Post
    their domain name is their business name which contains the f-word in question....and since most emails are of the form user@domain.ext
    TINVOWOOT

This could be as simple as Interac's firewalls / web content filters filtering for "weapons, firearms, guns" like many organizations do with websites related to gambling, ####, weapons, etc. when censoring its users web browsing. Whether it's deliberate or poorly configured firewall rules is anyone's guess at this point.

The only way to find out (besides the dude that apparently knows the CEO) is to have enough people complain and see if they do anything about it. This should start with all affected dealers and us supporting one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    This was first noticed when someone was sending a deposit for a puppy that we were selling. Their EMT would not deposit. The reason was that the confirmation email for EMTs deposited into my personal bank account gets sent to my store email. That is how far they have taken it.
    Not to be a dick but it sounds like you've been flagged. Business EMT's must be deposited to the same account associated with the EMT email address.
    So if someone sends you an EMT to your business email and you deposit it to your personal account or vice versa that has a different email attached to it then you will be flagged. Especially if it's happened more then once.
    Ask me how I know this.

I will also bet it was C**C that has done this. Either way. Do yourself a favour and open another business account somewhere else. My guess is whichever bank this is will can your ass. You will get a letter stating the bank ending it's relationship with you and they will give you 60 days to make up any arrears. In the event that you have a personal account with the same bank and even worse Credit Cards they will all have to be paid off within 60 days or they go to creditors.
    Ask me how I know this.

Regards
    Kingpin
    $21,000 lighter since February due to the above

Quote Originally Posted by King_Pin View Post
    Not to be a dick but it sounds like you've been flagged. Business EMT's must be deposited to the same account associated with the EMT email address.
    So if someone sends you an EMT to your business email and you deposit it to your personal account or vice versa that has a different email attached to it then you will be flagged. Especially if it's happened more then once.
    Ask me how I know this.

I will also bet it was C**C that has done this. Either way. Do yourself a favour and open another business account somewhere else. My guess is whichever bank this is will can your ass. You will get a letter stating the bank ending it's relationship with you and they will give you 60 days to make up any arrears. In the event that you have a personal account with the same bank and even worse Credit Cards they will all have to be paid off within 60 days or they go to creditors.
    Ask me how I know this.

Regards
    Kingpin
    $21,000 lighter since February due to the above
    Yah, two or three letter banks only for me. Mainly cause I've never had a good experience with the other two.

Alternatively though , the banks are going through an Interac mandated upgrade to the iEMT system , which means changes at all the banks AND Interac, so if some poor outsourced programmer screwed up somewhere, that could have cause the issue also (banks are rolling these changes out over the next two months).
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Yes...I would leave as well. Which bank?
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Gun religion is way overdue... Why some can carry knife and we cannot? The Supreme Court of Canada stated that personal believes are the key, not common ideology, e.g. you cannot use "expert" on religion to fight personal believe...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

BANNED
    Wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    This was first noticed when someone was sending a deposit for a puppy that we were selling. Their EMT would not deposit. The reason was that the confirmation email for EMTs deposited into my personal bank account gets sent to my store email. That is how far they have taken it.
    So sad... a lonely puppy needs a home... brings tears to my eyes...

Wait, are you talking about a real puppy? I was envisioning a new code word for guns.
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA