Thread: Sep 2017 Meaford LR Steel Challenge- Debrief, Discuss here....

Business Member

Sep 2017 Meaford LR Steel Challenge- Debrief, Discuss here....

We need to get a few items off our collective chests (it's a metaphor.... ). I've been home a week now and this weekend I'm still unloading from a private client session in Peterborough, ON. I've got lots of ideas and thoughts running through my mind after being a Stage RO and getting a sore voice from yelling , "Impact!" all weekend long.

For those of you in our Petawawa PR crowd who missed out, ClaudeL and Mikhael L and I volunteered to work the Meaford LR Steel Challenge for all of the Labour Day weekend 2017 in Meaford 4 Cdn Div Trg Base. We are all exhausted. But we are all (I'm speaking collectively) pleased with how every single stage went along.

We met so many of our Montreal, Dorval, Laval, Cornwall, Ottawa, Petawawa, Danny's Steak House crew on the Caen Pad at this contest. I was really pleased with how our crew conducted themselves. We had all kinds of fun even despite some of our community shooters achieving very few impacts. At the end of it all we ventured down to the Ted's Range Road diner and chowed down in our usual Saturday (Danny's Steak House) Tradition. I say that "Tradition" with a capital "T" because that's a shared experience and this is the basis for any tradition (past , present, or future).

I had a great time connecting with every single one of you here in Meaford.

Morgan and I just could not get over the fun everyone had.

We have been doing these clinics in Petawawa GC since 2012 and look how far we've come. Look what community we have built. Life does not get any better. We are doing something right here....

What say any of your MLRSC shooters after a week of this great fun now.... ?

Cheers,

Barney

Cannot praise Kris & Ryan, the ROs, volunteers, sponsors as well as 4 CDTC Meaford enough for putting on and hosting another exceptional weekend of PRS. It's both a very humbling and enjoyable learning oppertunity which I look forward to greatly. Plenty of new lessons learned this year, and unfortunatly some too-slow corrections to brain fade and poor form, but there's always next year! (I think I said the same thing last year, d'oh!) Thanks to you also Barney for the very generous oppertunitites you provide to improve our shootin' skills at clinics and informal matches throughout the year. Looking forward to the next range encounter!

V-IV

This was my first PRS or PR event of any type and I had a GREAT time. Thank you Barney and all the other ROs and volunteers as well as the organizers for maki g a great weekend. I shot terribly, met some great people, and learned A LOT. thanks again to all involved, Colin

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 76245 View Post
    This was my first PRS or PR event of any type and I had a GREAT time. Thank you Barney and all the other ROs and volunteers as well as the organizers for maki g a great weekend. I shot terribly, met some great people, and learned A LOT. thanks again to all involved, Colin
    Well, you certainly have / had a starting point. Now it's time to identify areas of improvement and then set some goals for the coming season(s)... that's great. You certainly jumped in with both feet (so to speak) and really punched out of your comfort zone!

Personally, I really enjoyed the company, the community, meeting all kinds of people from across the country. It was a great spread. One could really feel the energy.

Barney

What a weekend!
    I can't wait to do it again. Everybody did a great job of making this a success. Well organized, Great job of running each day by you guys AND good on the competitors to cooperate with keeping the flow going. This enabled us to finish on time Sunday. Good on the guys for going out into the field to help pull the targets down. HUGE thanks to the sponsors!!!!!
    Looking forward to seeing you all again next year if not sooner.
    SRSA311 (tree)