Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BCL 102 in 45 Raptor

BANNED
    That's why I got into guns; because they're easy. Oh wait, I meant reliable.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpingravel View Post
    I would buy it. bunch of negative Nancy's coming up with reasons not to...
    Bcl's sales department could probably think of a few reasons why not to.

Yeah let's skip every popular calibre, we have three guys on cgn who want the newest most obscure round we can think of.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ITAR means nothing if you produce your stuff in canada, which BCL does. As far as I know, the only thing they need is a reamer for the right calibre, and it is my understanding that a 460S&W reamer will work fine to make 45raptor barrels.

Then they need magazines and brass, neither of which should be a problem.

The real question is whether there's a market for that. With 0 ammo available in stores, it would be a reloader gun, which is not a very large market. At that point, a 6.5CM looks a lot better from a business point of view. But not until sales of 308 are less than production capacity, of course.

///
    Last edited by saltednutz; 10-13-2017 at 10:52 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Cue the weird/obscure calibre brigade, thinking a company will do all that r&d to sell 2 rifles.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

///
    Last edited by saltednutz; 10-13-2017 at 10:52 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    45 Raptor is on an entirely different level than 458 SOCOM and 45 Bushmaster.

The max you're getting out of the short action calibres is ~2500 ft-lbs. 45 Raptor is 3700 ft-lbs. 50% more energy.
    Its pretty much the same as comparing 300blackout to 308win. Clearly the one with the bigger case is going to be more powerful, and the difference in case size isn't tiny with these or anything.

They are all short range cartridges though, and something with a longer history that uses more common components would be better. (Did anyone else notice how the 45 Raptor uses stupid .452 bullets, not the 458 caliber bullets most 45-cal rifles use? Thats stupid. (And yes, I realize its because thats what the 460s&w uses))
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I never understood why some firearms enthusiasts always beat down the options of having choices of more calibers! I like the idea and it would be a great addition to their line up if they ever decided to build them! I for one would definitely buy one!!!

would it be possible to get a gunsmith to modify a 308 barrel for you? assuming bolt and mags are the same.

I would like a 338 fed upper. I hope other calibers are not to far away for this platform.