Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BCL 102 in 45 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer2285 View Post
    I never understood why some firearms enthusiasts always beat down the options of having choices of more calibers! I like the idea and it would be a great addition to their line up if they ever decided to build them! I for one would definitely buy one!!!
    Money talks, put out the investment to get it done and the business plan to recuperate that money and then some and I'm sure you'll get more calibres. These guys are a business, this is not just a hobby/money pit for them.

BANNED
    I would want one in 50BMG.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPI View Post
    Money talks, put out the investment to get it done and the business plan to recuperate that money and then some and I'm sure you'll get more calibres. These guys are a business, this is not just a hobby/money pit for them.
    Exactly,you might find a boutique shop like ATRS willing to do something like this,but a mass produced budget rifle? Not really a widely adopted caliber for a relatively high volume manufacture to even consider taking time away from readily available and already popular calibers
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Listen I'm not demanding them to do it and let's face it they have a great product that sells like hot cakes!!! I own several NEA ar and love them! But day dreaming or throwing ideas out is one way to determine if they're is a market or demand for products! And still don't know why other gun owners are so against caliber options regardless of restrictions or price

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer2285 View Post
    Listen I'm not demanding them to do it and let's face it they have a great product that sells like hot cakes!!! I own several NEA ar and love them! But day dreaming or throwing ideas out is one way to determine if they're is a market or demand for products! And still don't know why other gun owners are so against caliber options regardless of restrictions or price
    What I don't know is why some people keep hearing "I'm against that calibre" when what was said is actually "I don't think they're gonna make that gun in that calibre".

Stop imagining that we're against any calibre. We'Re just realistic enough to understand it'll never happen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Instead of asking BCL to mass produce such a rifle;

How about buying one of their .308 rifles that are already available, and have it converted to shoot 45-Raptor.

If you have the time and the money; It can be done.

If you don't talk about it and don't ask questions then yes that shows there is no market! Make discussions about this and other calibers and then maybe manufacturers in general will show interest in providing us with more options! I never said all enthusiasts are against calibers but there's always a few that say " never it's not popular enough" Or too expensive! Also when I do get a bcl 102 which right now I don't really have a need for since I have several other .308 semis, but another caliber option I would be definitely interested in doing if even if it was by the hands of a local smith! Until then I'm super glad bcl gave us this opportunity to own a non res ar102 at a affordable price!! And

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    while were at it ....how about BCL come out with a 102 converted to a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?.....
    With laser sighting?

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    With laser sighting?
    Now your just being obtuse,we all know laser sights are not in fashion,all those young whipper snappers want that flux capacitor hotness.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by saltednutz View Post
    I believe someone floated the idea of .338 Federal. If a complete 102 upper in .338 Federal were offered, I'd certainly be in for one.
    I have been asking BCL for info on getting a .338 Federal barrel, they have not responded at all