Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BCL 102 in 45 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis264 View Post
    I have been asking BCL for info on getting a .338 Federal barrel, they have not responded at all
    The easiest way to a heavier calibre in this case, would be to take the barrel of a BCL102 to a gunsmith and have them drill it out and cut new rifling to take .338 Federal, or even .358 Winchester. I am not sure what that would do to the buffer system though. Might need heavier springs, or an adjustable gas block.

I'd love to see the BCL 102 come out in .45 Raptor, I actually sent NEA an email months ago suggesting this. Since I expect many people will be using the 102 as their new hunting rifle, .45 Raptor would be a fantastic hunting caliber.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    while were at it ....how about BCL come out with a 102 converted to a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?.....
    Boy, you really know your guns!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    I would want one in 50BMG.

Also 20mm Vulcan
    Last edited by Turkinator; 09-14-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Member of the CSSA http://cssa-cila.org
    Member of the CCFR https://firearmrights.ca
    Member of the NRA https://home.nra.org

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    while were at it ....how about BCL come out with a 102 converted to a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?.....
    too much recoil
    38 watts is much more manageable

CGN Regular
    45 raptor looks sooo cool....but I would settle for 458 socom as well =D

you could always build one.... buy a BLC and get your local gunsmith to make a barrel for you. then just need the bolt. good luck!
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Would make a great brush cartridge!

I would lovvvee a big thumper round but 45raptor is simply way too new and obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    .45 Raptor is an ITAR controlled calibre, and components, reamers, and barrels are prohibited from export from the USA.

I agree it would be very cool. You can use commonly available 460 S&W dies. You can make brass by just cutting off 30-06. Very cheap and easy to reload.

Then you have 65,000 PSI behind a 240gr .45 slug at 2650 FPS, with close to 300 win mag muzzle energy, out of a semi auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    It's not an ITAR "regulated" product. It is prohibited from export by ITAR, because it is considered defense technology.

It is impossible to export legally. Just like US made suppressors. No amount of money can get those across the border. Ask any LEO supplier why they need to get their suppressors from Europe.
    I didnt know much about this round so I did a search. http://www.45raptor.com/45RAPTOR/
    You are correct about using regular 460 S&W dies, along with a .308/.30-06 type shellholder.
    But if .45 cal barrel blanks and .460 S&W reamers can be exported, how can the new round be so tightly controlled?