Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BCL 102 in 45 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    No one would buy it

1 you can't find Ammo
    2 you can't find Ammo
    3 even if you could find Ammo it would be 3$ or more per round = 60$ / box of 20

Keep dreaming
    So about the cost of 45-70? With similar ballistics. For a second upper, could be a fun project. Look at 450 bushmaster. Couple years ago it’s wasn’t exactly popular, but now since the ruger American ranch came out in that calibre it’s actually not that hard to find.
    But it seems like something you would be better off doing on your own. Now the 300win and 338 versions they teased about, those would sell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hotwheels81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bkallday View Post
    Please keep us posted on the progress. I have a second Stag 10 upper on the way with the intention of building a 375 raptor.
    You'll enjoy it... It's a kitten to shoot and packs a heck of a thump!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I live by a simple code, empty clip an then reload.

We just need a source for dies.

So to revise an old thread. Has anyone built a .450 raptor in canada yet. Their are lots of good platforms to start from. SLR, ATRS, STAG 10, I'm a huge .460 S&W fan. have a couple revolvers and just ordered a ruger #1 in .460 have the dies and reloading gear already and brass seems to an easy enough. As for all the guys that say its not worth it its boring to have the same .308 as everyone else and fun to have something different.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Yes, I’m having problems getting it to feed right.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    I'm pretty sure the Dp12 is far more practical since I can buy ammo for it at Walmart and no one but a handful of folks knows what 45 raptor is.

45 raptor is a gimped cartridge designed specifically to adhere to some US State's weird hunting laws where the max case length of a hunting cartridge can be 1.8".

the 45-70 auto rim AR10s use 2.2" modified 45-70 brass. It's a much better option that uses available components (45-70 dies, 45-70 brass with the rim turned off), and doesn't require a magazine spacer to accommodate the arbitrarily short 45 raptor.

i really have no idea why you would be interested in this calibre outside of the states that can benefit from it's use in a hunting application.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    45 raptor is a gimped cartridge designed specifically to adhere to some US State's weird hunting laws where the max case length of a hunting cartridge can be 1.8".

the 45-70 auto rim AR10s use 2.2" modified 45-70 brass. It's a much better option that uses available components (45-70 dies, 45-70 brass with the rim turned off), and doesn't require a magazine spacer to accommodate the arbitrarily short 45 raptor.

i really have no idea why you would be interested in this calibre outside of the states that can benefit from it's use in a hunting application.
    I agree, if you really want something like the 45 raptor just go with a .450 bushmaster. It’s so similar and the benefits outweigh the cons IMO. Brass, barrels, reloading equipment, explaining to everyone what a 45 raptor is, I can’t say it be worth it. That being said, I love weird cartridges as much as the next guy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    I think it has a lot to do with the name. Raptor just sounds cool. IMO
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN Regular
    Raptor would be neat bit why not 450 marlin? Easy to find ammo and dont have to deal with those way to light 452 diameter pistol bullets