Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BCL 102 in 45 Raptor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilius View Post
    Before so many other more popular calibers? 6.5CM? 5.56? 300BLK? I mean even 458 SCOCOM is far more popular. 45 Raptor is far too new to put into mass production.
    With the exception of the 6.5cm, those are all 223-size cases and would be pointless in an AR10. Also, they said they can't make it in 5.56 because then it would end up being called an AR15 variant.

Now, if we want heavier pills, 358win or 338fed would be good, or 260rem/7mm08 would make for nice options in those after lighter and faster.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer unstableryan's Avatar
    45 Raptor would make me buy the rifle. I'm going to buy a .450 bushmaster Ruger just because I want the 45 raptor and can't have it.

I think in time it might be an option eventually, pending longevity/acceptance of the cartridge....but I would expect to see the 6.5CM, .260 Rem etc first. It does look promising, would be the perfect boar smasher.
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

45 Raptor is on an entirely different level than 458 SOCOM and 45 Bushmaster.

The max you're getting out of the short action calibres is ~2500 ft-lbs. 45 Raptor is 3700 ft-lbs. 50% more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    while were at it ....how about BCL come out with a 102 converted to a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?.....308 is frankly waay to available ...and fairly cheap to shoot....so somthing must be wrong with their choice in caliber?
    mmmm plasma
    TINVOWOOT

I learn something new on CGN everyday. Never even heard of this calibre

Same as King0265, Never heard of this calibre.

///
    Last edited by saltednutz; 10-13-2017 at 10:51 PM.

And I was hoping the BCL 102 was gonna shoot lasers.... 308 is disappointing lol
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

Quote Originally Posted by saltednutz View Post
    I believe someone floated the idea of .338 Federal. If a complete 102 upper in .338 Federal were offered, I'd certainly be in for one.

I like the .308, and I'm in on the 2nd offered purchase. I got a black one.

I just like the idea of AR10 size platform of multi calibers.

I had asked in the 102 build forum about .45 Raptor, and that idea was shot down.

Being an ITAR regulated product means nothing really, when you have an importer, and the money, it can happen.

I'm pretty new at anything "AR" platform. The BCL 102 was built off the AR 102 platform as far as I am aware, and the premise is that it is NR because it predates the AR 15 platform, as the AR 15 is a scaled down AR 10.

It depends I suppose, how much of the BCL 102 is proprietary vs a standard AR 10 as far as internals etc.
    It's not an ITAR "regulated" product. It is prohibited from export by ITAR, because it is considered defense technology.

It is impossible to export legally. Just like US made suppressors. No amount of money can get those across the border. Ask any LEO supplier why they need to get their suppressors from Europe.