Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ 527 6.5 Grendal coming tomorrow now!!!

CGN Regular
    I fired twenty rounds out of mine today, 123 Lapua Scenar and CFE223 in Lapua brass. I didn't have much time to play, so got a zero and worked up with some .3gr jumps with three shot groups. They were in the 7/8" to 1-1/8" range at 100, one of them was just over 1/8". Bench was kind of wobbly, I still have a bit to go for till I hit my pressure limit. I'm at 2475 fps and hope to hit 2600 or so, the light rifle has a nice little bark and jump to it. I've got some 108 Scenar and 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips to try too. This one will be my new favorite, till the next one shows up LOL

Hey Steve, I'm using the same components in my Howa Mini Grendel. I started with CCI BR4 primers, had similar results to you. I swiched to a magnum primer as suggested in several manuals and all 3 shot groups in my ladder test were sub-moa.

Fun little cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by PGW Steve View Post
    I fired twenty rounds out of mine today, 123 Lapua Scenar and CFE223 in Lapua brass. I didn't have much time to play, so got a zero and worked up with some .3gr jumps with three shot groups. They were in the 7/8" to 1-1/8" range at 100, one of them was just over 1/8". Bench was kind of wobbly, I still have a bit to go for till I hit my pressure limit. I'm at 2475 fps and hope to hit 2600 or so, the light rifle has a nice little bark and jump to it. I've got some 108 Scenar and 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips to try too. This one will be my new favorite, till the next one shows up LOL
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

Got my Grendel in the mail today. Didnt waste anytime droppin a leu 3.5-10x on it and taking it out. Now I wasnt on a lead sled at the bench, but in the back of my truck sitting with a tripod....and still shot sub 1'' groups with factory 123gr Amax. I cant thank you guys enough, been on the waitlist for a while and couldn't be happier with the beautiful wood that graces my new walkin gun. Ill post pics soon.

Do you sell synthetic stocks for these rifles? I have a 527 with a cracked stock. I'm confident if I send it to grech for warranty I'll never see it again.

Edit: I have the carbine /American model
    Last edited by Ingots; 09-29-2017 at 01:36 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Do you sell synthetic stocks for these rifles? I have a 527 with a cracked stock. I'm confident if I send it to grech for warranty I'll never see it again.
    I've bought three of the Bell and Carlson stocks from PR and they are fantastic. They are for the varmint barrel contour, but build quality is excellent. I like the ergo's on it much better as well.

I've bought three of the Bell and Carlson stocks from PR and they are fantastic. They are for the varmint barrel contour, but build quality is excellent. I like the ergo's on it much better as well.
    Have you dropped the American model into the stock? I'm curious how large the gap in the barrel channel is?

Yeah the Bell and Carlson stocks look awesome. I wonder if PR can get a carbine version in ? Or, maybe the carbine fits okay in the varmint stock ? I'd like to see a picture of what the gap looks like.

CGN Regular
    The barrel channel tapers from 1.045" to .93"......That should give you an idea.

The barrel channel tapers from 1.045" to .93"......That should give you an idea.
    Thanks. That will leave a pretty noticeable gap. Hmm

Any word on the rustics in 6.5?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123