Boycott Target Sports Canada (membership revoked today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown

Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To anyone thinking about joining Taget Sports avoid this place like the plague. So today I went in and renewed my membership at Target Sports and by the time I was leaving I was no longer a member and had my membership revoked.

Everything was fine until 2 friends of mine showed up and I was letting them in. So I opened the door for them to come into range b. My fob was not working so I opened the door going into the range just enough to fit my hand through to turn the handle so they could come in. Once I turned the handle I walked back to my stall to wait for my friends to come in. As this happened, R/O Edgar was walking by and I guess the door wasn't closed all the way before my friends came in. So Edgar banged on the window and told them to come out and when they came out for him to speak to them he nudged one of my buddies back in with his elbow saying they didn't let the door close before they came out. I was at the stall and Edgar then pointed at me and ordered me to come out in a rude manner. So as I was walking out I didn't know my buddy was behind me and I thought the door was closed to the range and I opened the 2nd door to go out to speak with Edgar. As soon as I went out this guys attitude was unacceptable (wannabe gangster) he talked like he was all high and mighty. Told me that he might have to send me home for the day and now I have 2 strikes on my membership because of my friends not letting the door close behind them before they opened the other and when I was coming out of the range when he ordered me to come out. By now I was in a pissed off mood but I was allowed to finish my shooting.

As I finished my shooting, I debated on cancelling my membership so I went to inquire about it. I went to speak with one of the other workers that I'm cool with and explained to him the situation and asked what my options are with having my membership cancelled. He said they usually don't do it but speak with the manager and she will help you out. While I was speaking with the guy I know Edgar comes lingering around and I guess he overheard what I was asking about and we had a few choice words with each other. When no one is around this guy talks like he's a badass but in front of his boss and co workers he talks all proper.

I was on my way out because I had to pick up the kids from school but decided to go back in and ask for Edgar's name so I could write this review. As I went back in the manager not sure what her name, was at the front. So I went to speak with her about my options for the membership cancellation and she said that to cancel I would get $400 back from the $620 I paid an hour ago in cash. She didn't even ask me what had happened and when I said I didn't want to cancel BBC I was losing $200 she told me she's just going to revoke my membership. I asked for my refund in cash and she said no and that she would mail a cheque to me. What a joke of an establishment is this. JR Cox this how your business treats customers? If you don't believe me check your camera system. DO NOT JOIN THIS RANGE be warned.

Last edited:
I've shot there several times as a guest while deciding if I wanted to join. I opted to avoid the place based on what I saw, experienced and heard. However, this tragic story has a good ending... the next person on the waiting list thanks you. Given the proximity to the city, I'm guessing they can treat all their members like crap and still turn a rather hefty profit. The number of damn walkins alone..

Well.

I was yelled at at one range for sweeping brass towards the wall (they wanted it towards the targets). And at another range for sweeping brass towards targets (they wanted it collected in buckets).

Just do as asked, their business, their rules.

Although your story about losing $200 is kind of ruff.

tenor.gif

I appreciate this in rant form paragraphs are for legal letters. But in my experience you will get no sympathy here, cgn has plenty of trolls and fan boys

Paragraphs coming was in a rush to write while it was fresh in my head
I didn't really get what the issue was (tried reading it several times). Near as I can gather closing doors to the range is apparently a problem, you didn't like the RO and you have to wait for a full refund by cheque. You weren't by chance shooting an SKS, were you?

I didn't really get what the issue was (tried reading it several times). Near as I can gather closing doors to the range is apparently a problem, you didn't like the RO and you have to wait for a full refund by cheque. You weren't by chance shooting an SKS, were you?

No I wasn't shooting an sks. Pistol, ar15 and a scorpion evo.
The range officer was talking like a wannabe gangster when we were alone but when we were around everyone else he talked like he was supposed to. Also I paid my fee in cash why not give me my refund back in cash when it was only an hour before I paid. She only did the cheque thing to spite me. From the 620 I paid I'm only getting $400 back apparently

Last edited:
No I wasn't shooting an sks. Pistol, ar15 and a scorpion evo.
The range officer was talking like a wannabe gangster when we were alone but when we were around everyone else he talked like he was supposed to. Also I paid my fee in cash why not give me my refund back in cash when it was only an hour before I paid. She only did the cheque thing to spite me.
I guess I'll wait for the video (like everyone else). What's a 'wannabe ganster' anyway? (not quite black but still dressing the part?) They probably have a policy for issuing refunds, but I really couldn't speak to that. So basically, what I gathered is that you failed to close one or more range doors several times (which is generally not good, as AR15s are freaking loud), the RO called you and your friends on it and you didn't like the poser telling you what to do. And now we're supposed to boycott Target Sports over their refund policy. That about sum it up?

I guess I'll wait for the video (like everyone else). What's a 'wannabe ganster' anyway? (not quite black but still dressing the part?) They probably have a policy for issuing refunds, but I really couldn't speak to that. So basically, what I gathered is that you failed to close one or more range doors several times (which is generally not good, as AR15s are freaking loud), the RO called you and your friends on it and you didn't like the poser telling you what to do. And now we're supposed to boycott Target Sports over their refund policy. That about sum it up?

If you don't know what a wannabe gangster is go back into the hole you crawled out of or back to the country side you go. Actually, we weren't even shooting yet and I wasn't even shooting the AR until the end of my session.

If you don't know what a wannabe gangster is go back into the hole you crawled out of or back to the country side you go. Actually, we weren't even shooting yet and I wasn't even shooting the AR until the end of my session.

Whichever you choose buddy. I got a colt Canada mrr and a Salient GRY sbr on the way you troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom