Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Just Arrived! PIG0311-G Field Tripods $229.95

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar

Just Arrived! PIG0311-G Field Tripods $229.95

Just arrived from the Hog Saddle guys.

"The Grunt of Tripods"

The PIG0311-G tripod is based off of the budget friendly yet capable SLIK DX700PRO tripod. The Hog Saddle guys partnered up with Slik and started putting together several prototypes with beefed up specs, tighter tolerances and shooter specific features that are not readily available. Eight months of testing later they came up with this field tripod.

During testing they used several 50 cal rifles (Barrett M107 & McMillan Tac50) with great results regarding officer feedback and repeatable shot placement. Being unsure of what kind of garage cannon that might be placed on the PIG0311-G tripod, they decided to stick with a conservative 26 pound load rating.

A no-nonsense field tripod designed for the active outdoorsman. This tripod was meant to get dirty, be thrown in trucks, and be used outside. Paired with a direct mounted PIG Saddle, this tripod can do almost anything a more expensive tripod kit can do (At a fraction the cost).

These are not regular off the shelf Slik Tripods painted green with a rattle can, they are factory build by SLIK for Shadow Tech (the Hog Saddle guys)to there specs .

Full description on our website, just click on any photo to go direct to the tripod!

All of the most desirable tripod features (less carbon fibre) at an outstanding, budget-friendly price point. Wow - I am very impressed. I still prefer the carbon fibre Precision Rifle Shooting Tripod that you sold me, but at half the price this tripod is a terrific option that will work fine for most applications.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Nice !

tagged....looks good !
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

I am down for the tripod and down for the saddle , but that ball head , I cannot justify that price . Is there a more inexpensive option ?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    I am down for the tripod and down for the saddle , but that ball head , I cannot justify that price . Is there a more inexpensive option ?
    I have plenty of ball heads, the one that can't justified might be the best one to hold your rifles steady and take the shot, make my others look junk, only good for my DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    You can skip the Ball Mount and go with a direct mounting of the Saddle to the Tripod Head. They just screw together. You get elevation adjustment by shifting your rifle upand down in the snugged-down Saddle. Windage is accomplished by rotating the Head of the Tripod. Another (better) option would be to use a Levelling Base instead of a full-up Ball Head Mount. Picture the bottom 1/3 of a Ball sliced off and used as the base for more limited, but still ample adjustment. I use the Benro LBA2, which works excellent and is very secure with my CADEX Guardian .308. The Leveelling Bae is much lower profile than a Ball Head Mount and there is no possibility that the rifle will flop over on its side while secured in the Saddle on a Levelling Base. I find it to be the best of both worlds!

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Mark / bartok5f
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    You can skip the Ball Mount and go with a direct mounting of the Saddle to the Tripod Head. They just screw together. You get elevation adjustment by shifting your rifle upand down in the snugged-down Saddle. Windage is accomplished by rotating the Head of the Tripod. Another (better) option would be to use a Levelling Base instead of a full-up Ball Head Mount. Picture the bottom 1/3 of a Ball sliced off and used as the base for more limited, but still ample adjustment. I use the Benro LBA2, which works excellent and is very secure with my CADEX Guardian .308. The Leveelling Bae is much lower profile than a Ball Head Mount and there is no possibility that the rifle will flop over on its side while secured in the Saddle on a Levelling Base. I find it to be the best of both worlds!

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Mark / bartok5f

I use one of the Benro LBA2 leveling bases with my Pig Saddle & tripod and agree they work great and seem very durable. As you mention they are low profile which works great with this setup.

I'm new to this, but the PIG tripod and saddle look like good quality at a more affordable price than others. I think I may start here when ready.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Mark / bartok5f
    This helps quite a bit thank you for offering it up
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast