Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sumbro ammo range test today big surprise

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Finally fired off the last of the 1K i had. I swear the primers are harder than Wendy Cukier's heart.

Even with the Sig double strike capability, sometimes a 3rd trigger pull was required to make 'em go.

No thanks.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4quickdub View Post
    Bad reviews are of a much older batch. Those were supposedly loaded hot, with hard military primers. It was meant for smgs!

I went through 1500 of these in 2017 and had zero issues. If you guys are afraid of perfectly good factory ammo, more for us!
    Squibs seem to be the main issue, here is a post from the 9th
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ghlight=Sumbro
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN frequent flyer
    I bought a bulk case of 1500 when they were on sale as well and have been through about 1200 of them now in a Kriss Vector, a Ruger SR9 and a Canik TP9. I havent had a single problem with a single round. Not ONE. They feel a little hot... but compared to other 9mm, nothing to worry about. They are just a tiny bit less dirty than say, blazer aluminum. I also put a few rounds though a Sub2000... again, no issues.

Anyone who holds on to OLD reviews about a different batch of products is just looking for reasons not to buy something... in which case, dont. I have no worries about this ammo. I have had WAY more issues with Blazer aluminum than this stuff.

I'd be willing to do the 1000 round test if needed.....
    N*rinco is a cuss word in my house

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Newer stuff is great. Reliable, soft shooting, and fairly clean. This is an absolute steal. If i hadn't just bought a case of Barnaul.

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    I already shot all my 1500 batch from the March 2017 purchase earlier this summer. Out of the total I only had < 10 rounds with light primer strike. I could retry all of the light primer strike ones and they all shot ok except one round that is really not working. 1 out of 1500 I would say this is good enough plinking ammo for me.

Is this available for retail yet?
    Anyone pulled some rounds apart yet, and compared powder weights? This will be the kicker for me personally.
    Heard about some pretty terrible discrepancies in powder loads on the old batch, wondering about that on this batch.
    I like Mosins and I can not lie

I purchased a box of 1500, 9mm 124gr, used it all through my SIG P226 Legion DA/SA. Total misfires: 3.

Two or three slow feeds from slide lock release (crimp caught), but that's it. Does indeed burn cleaner than Blazer.

Now loading my own. Every single one does its job when asked of it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My NZ 85 loves Blazer, 500 rounds 0 issues; but the cheap Winchester "Forged" steel cased stuff, not so much; at least one FTE per 10 shots. Cases feel very dry, rough and gritty. I will be trying some of this stuff shortly.

These ones are different from the last bulk buy ones that came in three bags. Those had copper colored projectiles, and these ones are golden colored like a S&B. I picked up a case today from Tenda. Pretty impressed with myself, I managed to walk out of the store without buying a new gun today.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast