Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Outlet Canada Is Hiring For A Shipping Position!

Business Member Firearms Outlet Canada's Avatar

Firearms Outlet Canada Is Hiring For A Shipping Position!

We are looking to expand here at FOC and looking for a full time shipping agent.

Place of Employment: Firearms Outlet Canada (Ajax, Ontario)
    Position Title: Entry Level Shipping Agent
    Employment Period: Full- time Permanent
    Compensation: $12 /hr

Qualifications:

Valid RPAL required. Shipping experiences a major asset.
    Must possess and demonstrate knowledge of the safe handling of firearms.
    The potential employee must be capable of lifting crates and boxes weighing up to 80 lbs without issue.
    Experience in professional settings or with courier organizations and online systems an asset.
    Completed education in an accredited Secondary School.
    Experience with Microsoft office and GMAIL.

Description of Responsibilities:

The shipping agent is responsible for the accurate and expedient shipping of all online orders received. Their function is to ensure the success of the store through our back- end operations.
    Daily activities will include collecting and combining firearms, parts, ammunition and accessories for online orders to then be securely wrapped or boxed for transit across the nation.
    The shipping agent will also be responsible for working with other employees to load and unload shipments to the store, as well as organize and prepare floor merchandise as necessary.
    The shipping agent should demonstrate previously existing knowledge of safe firearms handling, determination to contribute to the company, and an eagerness to contribute to FOC an the firearms community.
    One weekend day is mandatory.

*References Required

Please email a copy of your Resume and a list of professional references to:
    jobs@firearmsoutletcanada.com

Last edited by Firearms Outlet Canada; 09-23-2017 at 10:39 AM.

FIREARMS OUTLET CANADA
    725 Westney Rd S
    Unit #2
    Ajax, ON, L1S 7J7

Shop Online: www.firearmsoutletcanada.com

Phone: (905) 428-1118

E-Mail: info@firearmsoutletcanada.com

Facebook / Twitter / Youtube

Too many qualifications and responsibilities required for such little compensation

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by shuraparabellum View Post
    Too many qualifications and responsibilities required for such little compensation

Agreed. I understand living in that area is expensive too?
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Very small salary to get one experienced worker, i woudld not recomend no one for so little compensation... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Very small salary to get one experienced worker, i woudld not recomend no one for so little compensation... JP.
    Yeah but that type of pathetic wage is the norm in Ontarible. By 2019 our minimum wage will be 15.00 per hour though.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Isn't minimum wage gonna go up to 15$ in ontario soon? If so, you're basically offering minimum wage to handle guns and ammos. And I understand shipping isn't nuclear physic, but one restricted firearm sent to the wrong address and you're gonna have an unpleasant conversation with the CFO.

Minimum wage employee screws up at McDo, you end up with the wrong burger. Similar mistake at a gun shop and you end up with 2 customers who bought the same gun the same with the right model of gun but wrong serial number, and they find out only 5 years later when one of them tries to sell the gun and finds out the certificate doesn't match the gun...

find out only 5 years later when one of them tries to sell the gun and finds out the certificate doesn't match the gun...
    I beg to differ. When I receive a new Firearms Registration Certificate, I always check to confirm that the info is correct for the firearm that I've purchased.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I can honestly say for the 25+ restricted firearms I've bought I have never once done this. I'm sure there are others out there like me.

Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    I beg to differ. When I receive a new Firearms Registration Certificate, I always check to confirm that the info is correct for the firearm that I've purchased.
    |CCFR|

As other people said: minimum wage will get you minimum qualifications. This, in turn, will translate into a pool of unhappy customers.
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

Entry level job = Entry level wage
    BUT
    Prove yourself and things may progress.
    Granted, I don't work for or represent FOC.

If you were an employer, would you not want someone to prove themselves 1st?
    KCCO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast